Go with the flow = wrong!

Old February 2nd 05, 12:54 AM
Alexander Rogge

>>There are big differences between the way you drive and I drive. When
>>you get into a collision, you are hoping that the other drivers will
>>get charged with it (at fault).

> There's no "hoping" involved. I haven't been involved in a collision
> in almost 20 years.

"But you're going to be involved in a collision if you keep speeding."
This incompetent driver is another one that has been trained to crash
"legally well" instead of to drive well.

> "Drive and Let Drive," that's my philosophy. The problem is, almost
> nobody else subscribes to it. They think it's perfectly OK to
> needlessly block the progress of others. THEY are the ones who don't
> give a damn about anyone else.

I was in the right lane approaching a poorly-maintained pick-up truck in
the left lane of a 100 km/h zone. I noticed that the LLB was slouched
down in the seat, right wrist resting on the left side of the wheel.
The LLB was doing less than 50 km/h and refusing to move over... no
lights on at dusk, either, and the junk in the back was not secured.
The traffic jam was soon over 30 cars long in both lanes. As the LLB
approached the next intersection, it suddenly decided that it needed to
be in the right turn lane. The LLB drifted to the right and almost hit
two cars. When those two drivers refused to be Enablers, the LLB
stopped in the left lane until the right lane was empty.
Old February 4th 05, 03:13 AM
James C. Reeves

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:53:02 GMT, DYM > wrote:
>
>>>I was driving at 120MPH the other day, and I had no problem remaining
>>>in control. I might have tried going even faster, but the engine
>>>wasn't fully broken in yet.

>>And when you hit me in the rear (cause I always keep to the safe &
>>legal Speed limit), if you survive, who will be charged with the
>>collison.

> It will never happen. I never out-drive my line of sight. When I was
> doing 120 MPH, I was in the middle of the Sonoran desert, it was
> bright and sunny, the road was dry as a bone, and there were no other
> vehicles in sight from horizon to horizon.
>
> Next time I drive through the area, I think I'll try for 140.
>
> --
> Sloth Kills!
> http://www.geocities.com/slothkills/

Make sure your tires are rated for that speed first. Even if the car will
do it, the centrifugal force at that speed may pull the tires apart, if not
designed for it.

Old February 4th 05, 03:13 AM
James C. Reeves

Scott is alright!

Old February 4th 05, 03:18 AM
Arif Khokar

James C. Reeves wrote:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote:

>>Next time I drive through the area, I think I'll try for 140.

> Make sure your tires are rated for that speed first.

Yes, because Corvettes are equipped with S rated tires from the factory.
<rolls eyes>