GTL (US Version): How to display Lap Count, Race Position, etc...?

Old March 1st 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL (US Version): How to display Lap Count, Race Position, etc...?

Hi,

On page 4 of the manual there are all sorts of HUD info that I can't
for the life of me figure out how to display. I've even checked out
the config file.

Is it possible to display the Tach, Lap Count, Race info, ....?

Not a big road coarse fan but GTL keeps growing on me, especially when
I used a cheat to drive whatever vehicle I want instead of that little
thing that Monster Garage turned into a snowblower <g> I had a heck
of a time controlling it.

-pw

use paul at williamsonenterprises dot com for e-mail
Old March 1st 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

IMHO, fixes that give you all the cars aren't cheats. They are "Upgrades to
maximize the usage of purchased materials"

Ah, ****. I sounded like Ludwig there LOL!

These things have NO business being in PC sims. They are for kids on
Playstation.

As an option, fine. But you should be able to turn this nonsense OFF at
will.

-Larry

Old March 1st 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:21:11 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>IMHO, fixes that give you all the cars aren't cheats. They are "Upgrades to
>maximize the usage of purchased materials"
>
>Ah, ****. I sounded like Ludwig there LOL!
>
>These things have NO business being in PC sims. They are for kids on
>Playstation.
>
>As an option, fine. But you should be able to turn this nonsense OFF at
>will.

Yes as an option. I want to know how many laps are left and what lap
I am on.

Is there a pit strategy to this game (i.e., when to pit)? Also, how
come the pitstops take up to a minute sometimes (not real time, of
course)?

>-Larry

.. .

Old March 1st 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The little HUD is that thing on the dash oc most cars, by default you change
the display hitting space. you disable it with 3key above the "W" key, or
the 4, one or the other, the other disables/enables the tach in the Car's
Dashboard.

Now, if your talking about the virutual dash board that comes up when
driving like hood views, or outside the car, if you look carefully in the
settings>controlers area at the bottom there are 3 "wheels" looking things,
FYI, these are like "tabs" in windows applications, each showing more
screens. in there you can see keyboard/button assignments, look for the one
that makes these pop up (I cant recall but I know I tried them ONCE) and
then go to your view, and see them change as you hit the key that is
asigned...

as far as in car? I cant recall ever seeing the virtual gages in car
view...
good luck
pw enlightened us with:

Old March 1st 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Also by the way it appears that the Laptime/Gear LCD doesn't seem to
work unless the GTL graphics mode color depth16bit/32bit is the same
depth as your windows desktop....

Old March 2nd 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

PlowBoy wrote:
> The little HUD is that thing on the dash oc most cars, by default you change

<snip>
> as far as in car? I cant recall ever seeing the virtual gages in car
> view...
> good luck

AFAIK it's not usually possible to activate the arcade-style "virtual
gauges" in the cockpit view - they're only available in the external
views. However, there is a hack which will allow you to do this:

1) Go to your \GTL\UserData\<playername>\ directory.
2) Back up your <playername>.PLR file in case something goes wrong.
3) Edit the <playername>.PLR file using a text editor.
4) Search for a line which says:

Allow HUD in cockpit="0"

5) Change the "0" to "1" and save the file.

Now you should be able to activate the arcade-style gauges in the
cockpit view.

Old March 2nd 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 01:05:47 GMT, KeithB > wrote:

>PlowBoy wrote:
>> The little HUD is that thing on the dash oc most cars, by default you change

><snip>
>> as far as in car? I cant recall ever seeing the virtual gages in car
>> view...
>> good luck

>AFAIK it's not usually possible to activate the arcade-style "virtual
>gauges" in the cockpit view - they're only available in the external
>views.

And that is what is pictured in the manual. Doh! Sorry about that.

>However, there is a hack which will allow you to do this:
>
>1) Go to your \GTL\UserData\<playername>\ directory.
>2) Back up your <playername>.PLR file in case something goes wrong.
>3) Edit the <playername>.PLR file using a text editor.
>4) Search for a line which says:
>
>Allow HUD in cockpit="0"
>
>5) Change the "0" to "1" and save the file.
>
>Now you should be able to activate the arcade-style gauges in the
>cockpit view.

Will give it a try. Thanks!

-pw

use paul at williamsonenterprises dot com for e-mail

Get real milerage on a 97 Jeep Wrangler Fidelio Jeep 11 September 18th 05 02:15 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
NR2003 entry fee $100. How many new guys pay it? Joe Simulators 37 July 23rd 05 04:28 PM
Climatronic Diagnostic Controls Luís Lourenço Audi 1 November 12th 04 09:22 AM