shaggie??

Old December 8th 04, 09:17 PM
butch

Default shaggie??

say brother. I am gonna start builing a 75 standard into a Baja. Looking for
any pointers you can send. Or anybody else, for that matter. Thanx

Shawn in NY

Old December 8th 04, 11:21 PM
Shaggie

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:17:57 GMT, "butch" > wrote:

>say brother. I am gonna start builing a 75 standard into a Baja. Looking for
>any pointers you can send. Or anybody else, for that matter. Thanx
>
>Shawn in NY

Buy a sawsall if you don't already have one. Measure twice, cut once.
Don't believe the hype about chopper-gun fiberglass baja kits. Sure
they bend a little when you smash a tree with them, but that's a good
thing. Consider a body lift to get clearance for bigger tires which
will in turn give you more ground clearance. I never used a body lift
on my baja but if I had it to do all over again I'd put one on and not
turn the torsion bars quite so much for that extra rear clearance.
I'd also never run another baja without at least a 1600 engine. Tires
over 31" in the rear in my opinion are too big. Just have fun with
it. I'm no "master o' the baja." I just tore into it and had fun.
If you try to be too serious about it then you probably won't have as
much fun with it. Just drive it like if you smash it up and break it
on the trail that you can fix it later, because you can. Most
important advice of all I have for you is this:
If the '75 is in pretty good shape right now before you start cutting,
then NEVER ADMIT THAT TO ANYONE AFTER YOU'VE DONE THE BAJA CONVERSION
OR YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. ;-)

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little killing as long as the right people get killed."
- Inspector Harry Callahan
Old December 8th 04, 11:49 PM
Tim Rogers

"Shaggie" > wrote in message

> If the '75 is in pretty good shape right now before you start cutting,
> then NEVER ADMIT THAT TO ANYONE AFTER YOU'VE DONE THE BAJA CONVERSION
> OR YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. ;-)

.................It's good that you still have feelings of remorse for
butchering that pristine '63 bug. Just a month or two of flames and here we
are several years down the road and you still haven't forgotten. My work is
done here...........lol

timmy

Old December 8th 04, 11:59 PM
Kafertoys

>If the '75 is in pretty good shape right now before you start cutting,
>then NEVER ADMIT THAT TO ANYONE AFTER YOU'VE DONE THE BAJA CONVERSION
>OR YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. ;-)

LOL Shaggie its his car and he can do what ever to it he wan'ts to it)
Old December 9th 04, 12:34 AM
Shaggie

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:49:45 -0500, "Tim Rogers" >
wrote:

>"Shaggie" > wrote in message
.. .

>> If the '75 is in pretty good shape right now before you start cutting,
>> then NEVER ADMIT THAT TO ANYONE AFTER YOU'VE DONE THE BAJA CONVERSION
>> OR YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. ;-)
>>

>................It's good that you still have feelings of remorse for
>butchering that pristine '63 bug. Just a month or two of flames and here we
>are several years down the road and you still haven't forgotten. My work is
>done here...........lol
>

>timmy

http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/63bug6.html
Wow, it looked almost brand new. Tim, did you take your
high-blood-pressure medication today? :-D
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/vw/b...rontend/n.html
Ouch! Hit a wittle bump! I can fix that! :-)
But at least I *did* always drive it gently.
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/titanic/01.jpg
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/vw/anniversary/h.html
It's not like I abused it until it cried......
http://bugadventures.dyndns.org/disaster/n.jpg

*insane laugh* The party ain't over...

---