where are you all from ?

Old December 13th 04, 12:42 PM
Charles Fregeau

"Tomasz Antkowiak" > wrote in message

> Charles Fregeau wrote:
>>

>> Small world. One set of my great-great-grandparents emigrated from,
>> we think, Posen sometime between 1855 and 1872.

> Let me think....hmmm...no I haven't known your grantparent )) But the
> world is really small.
> So...you are in fact a polish guy - in a few % Do you know any polish
> words ?)
>

> --
> Tomasz Antkowiak
> antek VW 1500'66 Brown Sugar
> pl.misc.samochody.garbusy
> GG 7772401

I do know a little Polish, but not for reasons you would expect. I work for
a meat packing company and a lot of the floor workers are from various
Eastern European countries, mostly Poland. I'm a bit of a mutt, I've got
everything from Polish to Irish and everything in-between, and a little
American Indian just to make it interesting.

Charles of Kankakee

Old December 13th 04, 01:49 PM
Juper Wort

"celia" > wrote in message

> Użytkownik "cloud8" > napisał w wiadomo¶ci
> . ..
> > What do you call a Beetle in Polish? I am making a list...
> > Kupla - Finnish (bubble); Vocho - Spanish; Cochinelle - French;
> > Boble - Norwegian

> In Polish "Garbus" (pronounced as garboos). The translation of this word

is
> quite unusual because it doesn't mean "Bug". "Garbus" means sth like
> "humpbacked".

"That sodding car" - English

Old December 14th 04, 12:20 AM
cloud8

"Juper Wort" > wrote in
:

>>"celia" > wrote in message

>>In Polish "Garbus" (pronounced as garboos). The translation of this word

> "That sodding car" - English

Since this is a Family Group, I won't even mention what it is
sometimes called in American English...

--
Bill Merrill
Arlington, Mass.
Old December 14th 04, 09:13 AM
Juper Wort

"cloud8" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Juper Wort" > wrote in
> :
>
> >>"celia" > wrote in message

> >>In Polish "Garbus" (pronounced as garboos). The translation of this word

> > "That sodding car" - English

> Since this is a Family Group, I won't even mention what it is
> sometimes called in American English...

LOL ,I nearly did that one instead, but had the same concerns...

James