Water in doors 2001 covertable corvette

Old April 24th 05, 03:51 PM
yar

Default Water in doors 2001 covertable corvette

Hi after it rains I seem to get a lot of water in the doors of my vette, the
seals on the doors seem okay.

Any ideas

Old April 24th 05, 04:12 PM
Bob I

You might want to check that the drain holes at the front and rear of
the door outboard of the seal and just at the top of the thin edge where
the door gets thicker, are not plugged with crap.

Old April 25th 05, 08:49 AM
yar

Thanks for that I have in the past taken out a plug each side about two
inches long, but sometimes after it rains there seems to be 1/4 pint of
water in there and in thery the water should pour out as I have taken the
plugs out.

Any thoughts

Old April 26th 05, 01:40 AM
Bob I

No, not the rubber plugs, they are (or should be) open holes about
1/4-3/8's inch oblong holes. Right where the bottom of the inner panel
"meets" the outer door skin. On is at the front end of the door and the
other toward the rear. If you open the door from the outside and reach
up under the bottom of the lip between the door skin and the rubber
gasket and slide your finger from rear toward the front you will feel them.

Old April 26th 05, 04:21 AM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:51:51 +0100, "yar" >
wrote:

>Hi after it rains I seem to get a lot of water in the doors of my vette, the
>seals on the doors seem okay.
>
>Any ideas

I agree with Bob and would also reccomend you check the front cowl
drains for debris. You may live in an area with a lot of pine trees or
something similar the can work their way into the cars drains and plug
them up. If the cowl drains plug it can take out your wipers and if
the A/C drain plugs it can soak your computer by the passenger feet.
Moral of the story C-5's need the drains cleared often.
Old May 6th 05, 05:07 PM
yar

Thanks for that found them and cleared them

Old May 7th 05, 12:23 AM
Bob I

You bet, save the wave!