What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 27th 05, 04:28 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Harry K" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Jim Yanik wrote:

>> At first you were saying FIVE mph.Now you've changed it to 10 mph.

> You want to go back and show where I ever said 5mph??

It was I who said 5 mph, not Harry.

Old March 27th 05, 06:42 AM
The Real Bev

Jim Yanik wrote:

> Even if they are driving the speed limit, they can be LLB's.
> Driving the speed limit does not entitle one to block the passing lane.

Exactly. And what we need are large signs posted periodically along
with the speed limit signs, and LE officers willing to write tickets for
it.

Yeah, that will happen!

--
Cheers, Bev
"I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the
Old March 27th 05, 04:08 PM
DYM

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

vehicle

>>> As simple as this is to do, there are people out there who flat

out
>>> refuse to touch their gas pedal. They set their cruise control and
>>> that's it. I don't understand what the objection is, but it's

obvious
>>> that it exists.

>>Maybe they don't want to exceed the speed limit?

> I saw an old geezer in a Mercedes once set his cruise control at

70MPH
> in a 75 MPH speed zone; when the speed limit dropped to 65 MPH, the
> oblivious old cuss was still going 70 MPH.

And?...

You asked a question, and posted a possible reason.

I get a very hostal vibe from you, Scott. I'll stay out of your way,
but you gotta meet me half way and stay out of mine.

DYM
Old March 27th 05, 05:37 PM
Jim Yanik

"Harry K" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>> "Harry K" > wrote in
>> ups.com:
>>

>> ><more snippo>

>> > passing,so

>> > Jim, you are getting too desperate to continue this. Nice twist,

> you
>> > insist STKR applies. Using your logic, persons in the right lane

> can
>> > never

>> "never"???
>>
>> > pass and Since when is passing with a 10mph differential 'sloth
>> > passing'?

>> At first you were saying FIVE mph.Now you've changed it to 10 mph.

> You want to go back and show where I ever said 5mph??
>
> Answer the question
>
> Harry K

AGAIN;
You still need to provide that cite to support your own statement;
"STKR does not apply while I am passing".

You can't,because it is NOT TRUE.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 28th 05, 04:30 AM
Harry K

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Harry K" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>

> > Jim Yanik wrote:
> >> "Harry K" > wrote in
> >> ups.com:

> > you

lane
> > can
> >>
> >> "never"???

> >> At first you were saying FIVE mph.Now you've changed it to 10 mph.

> > You want to go back and show where I ever said 5mph??
> >
> > Answer the question
> >
> > Harry K
> >

> AGAIN;
> You still need to provide that cite to support your own statement;
> "STKR does not apply while I am passing".
>
> You can't,because it is NOT TRUE.
>

> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

Not man enough to admit you made a mistake eh??

Harry K

Old March 28th 05, 06:27 PM
Jim Yanik

"Harry K" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>> "Harry K" > wrote in
>> oups.com:

>> > you

> lane
>> > can

>> > You want to go back and show where I ever said 5mph??
>> >
>> > Answer the question
>> >
>> > Harry K
>> >

>> AGAIN;
>> You still need to provide that cite to support your own statement;
>> "STKR does not apply while I am passing".
>>
>> You can't,because it is NOT TRUE.
>>

>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

> Not man enough to admit you made a mistake eh??
>
> Harry K

Lets see your cite,Harry;back up your assertion.
That's the REAL question here.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 28th 05, 07:13 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .
> "Harry K" > wrote in
> oups.com:

>> Not man enough to admit you made a mistake eh??
>>
>> Harry K

> Lets see your cite,Harry;back up your assertion.
> That's the REAL question here.

Here's the cite, Jim: it was in one of my own posts that I mentioned passing
at 5 mph, not Harry. It was me.

So by saying Harry wrote that, you made a mistake.

Old March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Arif Khokar

Big Bill wrote:

> See, here's a great example of what I'm saying.
> You obviously haven't read what you yourself wrote.
> You said "such as", which does not limit actions to your above
> examples.

Neither Scott nor Nate had a problem properly interpreting the sentence
I wrote. Why are you having a problem? I wrote the sentence, and I
certainly am in a position to clarify its meaning.

Here's a clarification for you.

Any action that requires you to yield to other traffic before making a
maneuver fits the criteria of a maneuver you should not undertake unless
it will not affect the speed and direction of other traffic that could
possibly interact with you. This does not apply to traffic behind you
in the same lane that have to slow down if you yourself are yielding.
Old March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Arif Khokar

Big Bill wrote:

> Maybe I haver a problem understanding what yiou mean because I read
> what you wrote.

The fact is that 2 people had no problem understanding what I wrote the
first time and required no further clarification. You, OTOH, continue
to purposefully sidetrack the discussion due to your inability to
understand what I actually meant even after multiple clarifications.

Either you're doing it on purpose as a form of entertainment, or you're
mentally handicapped.
Old March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Arif Khokar

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> "Arif Khokar" > wrote:

>>>But maybe conditions don't allow me to pass faster than 5 mph; conditions
>>>that may include but not be limited to that speed trap 1/4 ahead that I
>>>know about and you don't.

>>If I knew about a speed trap Ľ mile ahead, I'd just remain in the right
>>lane.

> Arif, did you notice the last three words of my post up there?

Skip, did you notice the first eleven words of your post up there? IOW,
if I know there's a speed trap up ahead, I don't initiate a pass.

On a similar note, if I'm in the right lane behind someone going 60 mph,
I don't initiate a pass if the left lane is covered in 3 inches of
snow/slush.