Tyre wear on Prelude

Old January 11th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Tyre wear on Prelude

My 92 Prelude had a brand new set of tyres (tires) fitted when I bought

it, and after ~25,000km (~16,000miles) the rear ones are almost bald
and the front are still OK. Normally it's the front tyres that wear
quickly on front wheel drive vehicles, I thought. Could this be
anything to do with the rear steering (it's a 4WS)?
Thanks, Barry

Old January 11th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Did you rotate your tires at every 10K or even less - rear tires have a
bad habit of cupping on fwd autos - hear some people's tires going wow
wow wow down the highway - they have never rotated their tires. Also
check pressure - keep it at the max recommended on the tag on the door
- also what brand-"model" were the tires - some really awful stuff out
there. I got around 75K miles on OEM god awful Michelin MXV4's got
around 80 on next set of X-One's.

Old January 12th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

butch burton wrote:
> Did you rotate your tires at every 10K or even less - rear tires have a
> bad habit of cupping on fwd autos - hear some people's tires going wow
> wow wow down the highway - they have never rotated their tires. Also

and have bad springs/struts in the back. that will cup the rear tires,
as they bounce up and down off the road like a basketball.
Old January 13th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

butch burton wrote:
> Did you rotate your tires at every 10K or even less - rear tires have a
> bad habit of cupping on fwd autos - hear some people's tires going wow
> wow wow down the highway - they have never rotated their tires. Also
> check pressure - keep it at the max recommended on the tag on the door
> - also what brand-"model" were the tires - some really awful stuff out
> there. I got around 75K miles on OEM god awful Michelin MXV4's got
> around 80 on next set of X-One's.

rotation doesn't fix the cause, just makes sure /all/ the tires get
ruined at the same time. fix the alignment/suspension issue first.
Old January 13th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

what i really wanna know is why they are 'tyres' on that side of the pond,
and 'tires' here?

E60 Tyre wear [email protected] BMW 3 October 22nd 05 10:32 PM
Tyre wear Juper Wort VW air cooled 1 July 28th 05 05:09 PM
Tyre Wear - 156 2.0 Ts Veloce Graeme Cosgrove Alfa Romeo 13 December 24th 04 09:10 AM
Tyre Wear Richard Goulding Audi 15 December 20th 04 05:55 PM
Tyre wear Eric Nadler BMW 1 September 18th 04 02:39 PM