Metalic noise from 97 SC2

Old June 2nd 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Metalic noise from 97 SC2

Bla,

From the content of the post, I assumed he was having the work done and not
doing it himself. Most dealerships/service garages charge a whole lot more
(as the OP found out) for new drums/discs (I assumed they were drum brakes
when the later post makes it clear they were discs, but the bottom line is
the same ... just replacing rotors instead of drums) then for resurfacing.

On the $15 drums, these are the "generic white box specials" made in China
and, in my opinion, of questionable quality. I pay a little more and use US
made NAPA drums and rotors. For me, I do the work myself and resurface
them ($15 ea) every other change before replacing the following time.

I am not trying to fault your method since it works for you ... just trying
to explain my original reply to his post.

Bob