Another LLB cop at work

Old May 26th 05, 05:09 AM
223rem

Default Another LLB cop at work

Today on I69 southbound another cop was at work
"pacing" as Jaybird put it--that is, cruising in
the left lane at the speed limit (65 mph). He did
that for 40 miles, causing a huge backup of vehicles
behind him because of course nobody dared pass him.
This incident confirms what I always believed,
traffic cops endanger drivers.
Old May 26th 05, 05:53 AM
Brent P

In article >, 223rem wrote:
> Today on I69 southbound another cop was at work
> "pacing" as Jaybird put it--that is, cruising in
> the left lane at the speed limit (65 mph). He did
> that for 40 miles, causing a huge backup of vehicles
> behind him because of course nobody dared pass him.
> This incident confirms what I always believed,
> traffic cops endanger drivers.

It shows that the underposted speed limits are a farce and that obeying
them causes congestion.

Old May 26th 05, 01:09 PM
N8N

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, 223rem wrote:
> > Today on I69 southbound another cop was at work
> > "pacing" as Jaybird put it--that is, cruising in
> > the left lane at the speed limit (65 mph). He did
> > that for 40 miles, causing a huge backup of vehicles
> > behind him because of course nobody dared pass him.
> > This incident confirms what I always believed,
> > traffic cops endanger drivers.

> It shows that the underposted speed limits are a farce and that obeying
> them causes congestion.

Not only that, it shows that it only takes two drivers at the speed
limit to do so (the LLB and the guy next to him.)

nate

Old May 26th 05, 01:55 PM
JohnH

> traffic cops endanger drivers.

That's just silly. How many people died?

The cop didn't make the law, and didn't collect any revenue in the manuver.

There are far worse things on the road than a 65mph "traffic jam".

Old May 26th 05, 01:58 PM
N8N

JohnH wrote:
> > traffic cops endanger drivers.

> That's just silly. How many people died?
>
> The cop didn't make the law, and didn't collect any revenue in the manuver.
>
> There are far worse things on the road than a 65mph "traffic jam".

You mean like the people stuck in it who are too far back to see the
cause and start traffic weaving to try to break free of it?

nate

Old May 26th 05, 02:30 PM
Arif Khokar

JohnH wrote:
> That's just silly. How many people died?

Ask that question again if a pileup occurs.

> There are far worse things on the road than a 65mph "traffic jam".

Such as a deer running out on the road in front of one. Is it safe when
one has no room to maneuver?
Old May 26th 05, 02:50 PM
JohnH

>> There are far worse things on the road than a 65mph "traffic jam".

> You mean like the people stuck in it who are too far back to see the
> cause and start traffic weaving to try to break free of it?

Darwin will handle the impatient.

Old May 26th 05, 02:51 PM
JohnH

> Such as a deer running out on the road in front of one. Is it safe
> when one has no room to maneuver?

If one has "no room to manuver", exactly who's fault is that?

Old May 26th 05, 03:00 PM
N8N

JohnH wrote:
> >> There are far worse things on the road than a 65mph "traffic jam".

> > You mean like the people stuck in it who are too far back to see the
> > cause and start traffic weaving to try to break free of it?

> Darwin will handle the impatient.

And take out those unlucky enough to be nearby at the wrong time.

nate

Old May 26th 05, 03:13 PM
Ted B.

>> Such as a deer running out on the road in front of one. Is it safe
>> when one has no room to maneuver?

> If one has "no room to manuver", exactly who's fault is that?

Well, who's holding up traffic? -Dave

Opinion on work done-price? GrtArtiste Chrysler 4 May 3rd 05 08:56 PM
Accessories don't work in "On" position Chris Fonville Technology 3 April 6th 05 11:33 PM
Body Work & Welders Rusted Jeep 19 February 11th 05 01:17 AM
ASE Work experience question thongsai General 0 July 9th 04 11:16 PM
96 Ford Contour Zetec engine - hard to work on? john smith General 0 March 16th 04 11:23 AM