BMW does not care for its prototypes!

Old January 3rd 05, 08:38 AM
Pete M

In ,
Mark > decided to enlighten our
sheltered souls with a rant as follows
> Yes... take some photos

Eurghh, why?, it's a new BMW, ffs. They're all hideous.

--
Pete M

Mercedes 260E, BMW 730iSE (for sale)
Ford Capri (ressurection started)
"Never moon a werewolf"

COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Old January 3rd 05, 10:17 AM
Frank Kemper

Mark > haute in die Tasten:

> Yes... take some photos

I have thought about it, but actually the car does not look different
than the official press release shots.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old January 3rd 05, 04:48 PM
nick smith

......perhaps it was nicked from BMW, or there without its knowledge or
permission ??

Nick (!)

Old January 3rd 05, 04:49 PM
nospammer

Nothing strange really,

I live in the neighborhood of a major Ford plant and it is quite common
to see pre-release cars parked in the city. First they are heavily
covered up, but later on they only have their logos covered. I don't
care to much anyway as they are only Fords afterall ;-)

For the competitors it is no use to 'steal' a E90. The car is almost
released (I've already received the list prices), so why bother for
these few weeks.

Regards,

Milko

Old January 3rd 05, 05:46 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
nospammer > wrote:
> I live in the neighborhood of a major Ford plant and it is quite common
> to see pre-release cars parked in the city. First they are heavily
> covered up, but later on they only have their logos covered. I don't
> care to much anyway as they are only Fords afterall ;-)

Years ago I saw a Rolls-Royce Shadow parked up in Earls Court London on a
meter with a parking ticket. The inside was covered in gauges. I later saw
the driver and asked him about it. Turned out it was a mule for testing
the climate control of the forthcoming Spirit.

> For the competitors it is no use to 'steal' a E90. The car is almost
> released (I've already received the list prices), so why bother for
> these few weeks.

I'd guess competitors have rather more subtle ways of finding out others'
plans long before the pre-production prototype stage.

--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old January 4th 05, 12:20 AM
dizzy

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:08:38 +0100, "Jürgen Schrader"
> wrote:

>The pricelists are released, in any dealer you canl get the brochure, and it
>will presented in 2 weeks, so why still cover it????? This is the best way
>to test reactions of the standard "people".

A little late to "test reactions", isn't it?

Old January 4th 05, 07:23 AM
Jürgen Schrader

"dizzy" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:08:38 +0100, "Jürgen Schrader"
> > wrote:
>
>>The pricelists are released, in any dealer you canl get the brochure, and
>>it
>>will presented in 2 weeks, so why still cover it????? This is the best way
>>to test reactions of the standard "people".

> A little late to "test reactions", isn't it?

It depends. When the 7 series came, BMW meant that "the buyers opinion" is
not necessary. Here in germany k- they learnt the lesson. Instaed of being
head to head with the s-class, the most sold luxury car, Audi overtook them,
when it comes to sold new cars now. Here many people say: BMW= Bangle muss
weg= Bangle must be fired. And, in my opinion, my E39 was was last BMW.

Be sure, they "show" these prototypes very often in munich. And I reflected
only to the OT. So, you could see prototypes much earlier. For me, he is too
frightened about the "surface" of cars. Every ca is an expensive heap of
iron, paint, plastic and rubber, not more. And looking in the new E90
pricelists, it seems that BMW has raised the prices a little bit too much.

Jürgen

Old January 4th 05, 03:11 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

FWIW, German registration stats for all of 2003:

S-Class: 9865 (-13.4% on previous year)
BMW 7: 7881 (-8.5%)
Audi A8: 6988 (+60.2% !)

( http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/kfz/pkw_n...gen_2003b.html )

I don't have any data for any months of this year as the cited website shows
only the Top 50 on a monthly basis and these cars are 67th - 85th, but the
2003 figs suggest rapidly rising Audi sales, as you say.

DAS
---

"Jürgen Schrader" > wrote in message
[...]

> Instaed of being head to head with the s-class, the most sold luxury car,
> Audi overtook them, when it comes to sold new cars now. Here many people
> say: BMW= Bangle muss weg= Bangle must be fired. And, in my opinion, my
> E39 was was last BMW.

[...]