Best 4x4 in your opinion...??

Old January 19th 05, 12:21 AM
Trader4Lessdotcom

Default Best 4x4 in your opinion...??

Explain your reasoning!! Thx

Old January 19th 05, 12:34 AM
Carl Saiyed

Whichever model puts the biggest smile on Your face..

:-D

Carl

lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 19th 05, 01:01 AM
Erik-Jan Geniets

Trader4Lessdotcom wrote:

> Explain your reasoning!! Thx

I am not going to explain this but,
Toyota Landcruiser!!!. The best looking will be a Series or Defender
Land Rover though.
I do not own one. So that is not the reason I mention it.
Mine is a http://www.fotograaf.com/trooper
Kind regards,
Erik-Jan.
Old January 19th 05, 01:20 AM
rocknbronco

I would say the Ford Bronco would be the best four wheel drives.Why I
wont go there but it is simply the best.

Old January 19th 05, 01:30 AM
.boB

Trader4Lessdotcom wrote:
> Explain your reasoning!! Thx

Mine, because it's paid for.

"Best" anything means nothing without context.
Best 4x4 to get the kids to soccer practice and bring
the groceries home in Quebec means something completly
differant than best 4x4 to tackle the rubicon.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Old January 19th 05, 01:38 AM

Trader4Lessdotcom wrote:
> Explain your reasoning!! Thx

This question is sort of useless.

You must ask:

"What is the best 4x4 for your needs" or

"What is the best 4x4 for a specifc purpose"

A Porsche Turbo is a 4x4 and one of the best cars there is but if I
need a 4x4 to drive over rocks and mud the Porsche will be a sucker.

The recent japanse noframe, light 4x4 are great for soccer moms driving
through town. But they wouldnt last long in the terrain my truck goes.

My truck is built so it does exactly what I need it to do. It would
suck in the hands of a soccer mom.

Matt

Old January 19th 05, 03:49 AM
Will

>> The recent japanse noframe, light 4x4 are great for soccer moms driving
>> through town.

> Japanese ????? How about the LR Freelander......

I could be wrong, but aren't those made by Ford? Maybe Ford buys them from
Japan....

-Will

Old January 19th 05, 04:32 AM

Same thing ... light 4x4 without frame. Great for city slickers and the
trip to the skihill.

Some domestics are relabeled japanese ... Ford Ranger and Some Nissan
are IMO identical ...

you get the idea...

Get the 4x4 that suits YOU and not the "best"

Matt

Old January 19th 05, 01:59 PM
Corey Shuman

I would say that your driver is going to be the largest determination
factor in a 4x4. For me, a good 4x4 can go damn near anywhere, and
still be able to roll back out onto pavement to head home. Granted with
some off road mods I may only hit 55mph on the freeway I think its a
pretty good trade off. My suggestion would be a Discovery over a
defender for this type of 4x4.
Reasoning, well, its comfortable, heater leather seats, 6 cd changer,
warm in winter, cool in summer. And the suspension articulates enough
that most of the time you never realize how precarious your situation
is.

And as to the Freelander... who is the crack smoker that told you they
are made in Japan? They are still LR and made in England..Ford may own
them and really f#*k it up, but for now they are really nice, well
built and pretty capable for the average driver.

The Crusiers are nice as well but without a lot of mods they dont
articulate as much which may tend to make the average driver a bit
nervous when they hit that 40 degree angle.

Opinion? Superwinch Manual Locking hubs blokemn 4x4 0 December 27th 04 07:11 PM
HELP: Opinion Needed Billy Corvette 0 August 19th 04 08:34 PM
HELP: Opinion needed... Billy Audi 0 August 19th 04 07:38 PM
Santa Fe 2004 your opinion Santa 4x4 0 April 29th 04 06:48 PM