2006 Civic driving impressions?

Old May 3rd 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Johnson

Default 2006 Civic driving impressions?

Very close to buying a 2006 Civic EX. Is it just me, or does anyone
else find not being able to see the front of the car dangerous while
driving? Or is this something you just get used too?

Old May 3rd 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

Jeff Johnson wrote:

> Very close to buying a 2006 Civic EX. Is it just me, or does anyone
> else find not being able to see the front of the car dangerous while
> driving? Or is this something you just get used too?

You get used to it. Pretty much all new cars have this design now, and
while it can be annoying at first, it won't take you long to be able to
feel where your bumpers are...

Old May 3rd 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BlackGT2000[_34_]

Its very easy to get used to. I found it more difficult to judge where
the mustangs front end was than it is to judge the civic. The hood is
so small anyway you know you can get pretty close without hitting
anything.

--
BlackGT2000
BlackGT2000's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=336868

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old May 3rd 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

On May 2, 10:55 pm, Jeff Johnson > wrote:
> Very close to buying a 2006 Civic EX. Is it just me, or does anyone
> else find not being able to see the front of the car dangerous while
> driving? Or is this something you just get used too?

Not only can't you see the end of the hood but you can't see the road
near the front of the car. Blame the struts for the relatively high
fenders. See Porsche or Scion xB for examples of alternative body-
design solutions for a strut suspension that achieve better
visibility.

But, yeah, you can get used to it. Just ask anyone driving an SUV.
(OK, that was a cheap shot.)

Old May 3rd 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jeff Johnson

Thanks for all the information guys. I found a good deal on a 2007 CRV
and I may go with that. Safety is a bit better with 5 star vs 4 star
side impact. I didnt realize the CRV was within inches of the lenght
of a Civic, so that satisfies my small car footprint. Just need to
scrape up some extra cash.

Old May 3rd 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BIAR[_3_]

I really like the four door Si for the performance,but I don,t like the
windshield.To me it feels like I am driving a mini-van.

--
BIAR
BIAR's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=300592

Old May 5th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bob Jones

With the gas price this high, you will need extra cash every time at the
pump.

oups.com...

Old May 6th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

With the long sloped windshield there isn't much beyond the windshield. My
300M was the same cab forward design. You couldn't see the end of the hood
but it wasn't far beyond the windshield so the chance of misjudging and
hitting something was pretty much zero.

ups.com...