CD Error for in-dash cd changer

Old March 8th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default CD Error for in-dash cd changer

I bought a Ford In-Dash 6 DISC CD changer for my 2000 Explorer sport.
Everything seemed to work fine except... the CD player says "slots
full" . Well there are no CD's in the
player and if you try and eject it shows "initializing" on the display
then
says "CD Error". Tried it a dozen different ways and just can't get it
clear itself.

I have pulled it out and disconnected the wires, but no
difference.Anyway, if anyone has an idea how I can fix this I would
appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Old March 8th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

These are very delicate units and we do see concerns with them..... if this
deck wasn't put into "shipping mode" before it was removed from the previous
vehicle, chances are there is some internal damage (FWIW, when we send them
off for repair, we have to put them in shipping mode AND install the
shipping bracket or we will be charged back for the repairs....).

In all honesty, if I was going to "buy" a CD changer/player, it wouldn't be
one of these....

oups.com...

Old March 12th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Is it possible that there actually IS a CD in it - a homemade CD with a
paper label? These changers are very sensitive to the paper label, and
when they jam, the error messages you describe show up.

When you get to the "CD Error" part, open the little door by hand and
peek inside, to see if you can see the edge of a CD. If you see one,
slide a business card into the slot and across the TOP of the CD. It
should allow the disc to slide out.

Bill

Old March 15th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Actually when I take the CD mechanism out, I saw one of the CD tray is
out of place. Not it's working after I simply put it back. Thanks a lot
for your suggestions.

sebring dash trim fred Chrysler 0 February 7th 06 03:01 AM
Rust ate my dash (need opinions/experience) brianc Jeep 2 October 16th 05 08:09 PM
02 Civic - CD changer question Nathan Strom Honda 1 September 17th 05 02:18 PM
6-Disc CD Changer in Dash & MP3 Special Edition [email protected] Honda 1 July 6th 05 12:56 AM
156 CD changer Simon C Alfa Romeo 3 August 2nd 04 11:46 PM