PCM Corvette itching for action.

Old May 21st 05, 03:05 PM
Paul H.

Actually, I got a simpler, up-close-and-personal, bitch about what JLA
is doing. When I clicked the link and visited the site, JLA left me a
persistent cookie (tagged 'machine-id'). (Not just a simple session
cookie to help with navigation of his website). That cookie expired at
the end of 2023 and linked my IP address with a JA internal index
(visitor or customer) identifier number. That data is now in his
database. Nothing wrong here--just sleazy IMHO.

I object to this sort of behavior. I trash outrageously persistent
cockies as soon as convenient and block their replacement. I try to
avoid web sites that "need" to store any piece of my personal
information for the next 18 years. If JLA is collecting your phone
number, that documents a business relationship and makes it legal for
him (and disclosed business partners) to place junk phone calls to you.

I'm not going to waste the time visiting JLA again but someone might
visit the site and see what his Privacy disclosure page says -- if he is
operating afield from what he has disclosed then he is in violation of
the law.

Paul H.

BDragon wrote:
> Hey, Padilla, you don't like the bitching, why not stop doing it. You make
> a bigger fool of yourself than anyone else could the way you pop in to make
> sure and defend JLA at any mention of the cheap tactics. What are you , the
> JLA police? Get lost, loser. You showed up when they did, and you don't
> have much powder to go blowing other people off here.
>
> "Richard Padilla" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>You ladies are just really pathetic. Worse than my ex-wife.
>>
>>Granted, I thought that "Chuck" might have a point after seeing the
>>header information but I checked and saw what the real deal to this is.
>> As I wrote in a previous post about the forum software packages for BB
>>Forums, I have had experience with some (just not with php bb) and am
>>somewhat familar with the mirroring capability
>>
>>If you look at the header information Chuck provided, it says the
>>"User-Agent" is newsSync (JLA FORUMS)
>>
>>I did a google search and Newssync is the software that php bb forums
>>uses for USENET mirroring. It is similar to what is integrated with VB
>>and others. When a post originates at a forum and is uploaded to the
>>NNTP server and AAC, this User-Agent along with server IP will appear.
>>I registered at the JLA FORUMS and posted a response to this thread
>>from there and as I suspect, the header information will be the same.
>>I also did a search for other AAC posts that appear to originate at the
>>JLA Forums and lo and behold here are the headers
>>

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e=source&hl=en
>
>>Subject: CAC Cruisefest 2005
>>From: (catbert)
>>Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette
>>Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:33:01 GMT
>>

>>and here is another

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e=source&hl=en

>>Subject: First oil change?
>>From: (Jabez)
>>Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette
>>Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:33:17 GMT
>>
>>and another

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e=source&hl=en

>>Subject: PICS- 2006 RED Corvette Z06
>>From: (RTSVETTE)
>>Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette
>>Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:02:35 GMT
>>
>>Try it for yourself and you should be able to confirm the same thing.
>>
>>Now quit your whining and belly aching. Take a tums, put a tampon in
>>it, do something, just leave this silly stuff out of this group
>>

>>Chuck wrote:
>>
>>>In article > ,
says...

>>>BAWAHAHAHAHA
>>>
>>>Do you REALLY need to use SOCK PUPPETS to answer yourself, Jim Adam!
>>>(12100 Bedford Wds Dr.#209,Raleigh, NC 27614 (919) 488-3415).
>>>
>>>Are you really THAT pathetic that you not only resort to STEALING
>>>posts to populate your pathetic "board", but now you have to make up
>>>ALIASES to answer posts you make on a.a.c?
>>>
>>>(for anyone not capable of reading a header)
>>>------------------------------
>>>Subject: PCM Corvette itching for action.
>>>From:
lid (Bababooey)
>>>Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette
>>>Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 03:04:08 GMT

>>>Subject: PCM Corvette itching for action.
>>>From:
lid (JLA)

Old May 21st 05, 04:20 PM
Richard Padilla

You guys are really a piece of work. Isn't this group about Corvettes
and not about whining which you seem to be doing entirely too much of?

If all you have time to do with your life is to come up with lame
gripes such as the one that Paul H has spewed, then really you should
consider ending it all. Remember down the road always works better
than across the street.

Also, if you are going to put something out there, at least put it in
context. Yes, I also observed a cookie from the JLA FORUMS on my
system that expires in 2023. But you must understand, this is a
function of the forum software and many websites do the same thing as
well...some of which most of you have on your systems as well.

Take a look for yourself. If you are running Internet Explorer, just
click "Tools" at the top of your browser page and the select "Internet
Options" Midway on that window, you will see a button that says
"Settings" Click that and then select "View Files" A window will pop
up. Scroll or look to the right at the top of that window and you
should see a heading that says "Expires" If you click "Expires" twice,
it will arrange the files in this folder by the expiration date in
decending order. Here is an example of the cookies and expiration
dates I found on this computer which will be similar to what you will
discover unless you are using a cookie blocking program.

www.news24.com - exp 12/24/2099
google.com/adsense - 1/17/2038
google.com - 1/17/2038
newschannel5.com - 12/31/2034
washingtonpost.com - 5/8/2025
paypal.com - 4/25/2025
msnbc.msn.com - 11/4/2021
usatoday.com - 12/31/2025
courttv.com - 12/31/2020
groups-beta.google.com - 1/17/2038

Again, if you have a problem with the JLA site, why the heck do you
visit the site in the 1st place.

Now please, quit your "bitching" and keep this immature BS out of this
group.

Old May 22nd 05, 02:12 AM
StingRay

Jim Adam? Is that you?
(12100 Bedford Wds Dr.#209,Raleigh, NC 27614 (919) 488-3415).

"RichardPadilla" > wrote in
message . com...

Old May 23rd 05, 03:15 PM
CardsFan

"Richard Padilla" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Now please, quit your "bitching" and keep this immature BS out of this
> group.

Physician, heal thyself. How many times are you going to make this point?
Or perhaps, in your special case, bitching about bitching is somehow
defensible, and even praiseworthy?

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp