Windshield Wiper Hell

Old April 6th 05, 06:43 AM
Lex

i like the oem ones

Old April 6th 05, 01:34 PM
TeGGer®

slim > wrote in :

> "TeGGer®" wrote:
>>

>> And people wonder why I hate aftermarket.

> Funny thing, for every repair/replacement on my car, I usually insist
> on OEM, I figgered that replacement wipers were as good/better.
>
> I wuz wrong.

When I has a fender-bender three years ago, the only aftermarket
replacement part I allowed to be installed was the bumper rebar. I figured
how could that hurt? It's hidden, right? WRONG!

It was the wrong SHAPE, and it pulled the bumper skin forward and down in
the middle, throwing everything else off! Replacement with an OEM bar
($400) fixed it. Insurance comapny agreed to pay for it too, but that took
six months.

Aftermarket has its place, especially if you know it's the same stuff sold
by the dealer, but under a different name. My rad and windshield are
aftermarket, for example. Such respected posters here as Mista Bone use
aftermarket extensively, but they also know what they're looking at.
Generally I don't trust aftermarket.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 6th 05, 02:01 PM
tony kujawa

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >, slim >
> wrote:
>
> > > Seems like we probably have a dealer-hater here; Slim probably never
> > > even THOUGHT of going to the dealer to get the $7 worth of inserts.
> > > He's probably spent $100 or so up to now, all the while thinking that
> > > dealership are by definition evil or something.

> > Hey....my local Honda dealer is PURE SCUM.

> Fine and dandy. Doesn't change the fact that OEM inserts are better
> than anything out there.
>
> And I doubt he's scum.

And I don't doubt you are an ass suckler.

Old April 6th 05, 09:59 PM
slim

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

> In article >, slim >
> wrote:
>
> > > Seems like we probably have a dealer-hater here; Slim probably never
> > > even THOUGHT of going to the dealer to get the $7 worth of inserts.
> > > He's probably spent $100 or so up to now, all the while thinking that
> > > dealership are by definition evil or something.

> > Hey....my local Honda dealer is PURE SCUM.

> Fine and dandy. Doesn't change the fact that OEM inserts are better
> than anything out there.

Agreed.

> And I doubt he's scum.

Easy for you to say. ;-)

--

"This notion that the United States is getting ready
to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. Having said that,

http://www.quantumphilosophy.net/fil...yan_Medium.mov

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html#wms
WHY IRAQ?: http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gwbush/remindus.html
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...ickenhawks.htm

"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim
Old April 6th 05, 10:02 PM
slim

"TeGGer®" wrote:

> slim > wrote in :
>

> > "TeGGer®" wrote:
> >>

> >> And people wonder why I hate aftermarket.

> > Funny thing, for every repair/replacement on my car, I usually insist
> > on OEM, I figgered that replacement wipers were as good/better.
> >
> > I wuz wrong.

> When I has a fender-bender three years ago, the only aftermarket
> replacement part I allowed to be installed was the bumper rebar. I figured
> how could that hurt? It's hidden, right? WRONG!
>
> It was the wrong SHAPE, and it pulled the bumper skin forward and down in
> the middle, throwing everything else off! Replacement with an OEM bar
> ($400) fixed it. Insurance comapny agreed to pay for it too, but that took
> six months.
>
> Aftermarket has its place, especially if you know it's the same stuff sold
> by the dealer, but under a different name. My rad and windshield are
> aftermarket, for example. Such respected posters here as Mista Bone use
> aftermarket extensively, but they also know what they're looking at.
> Generally I don't trust aftermarket.

Went to my mechanic this morning and told him about the wipers,
he told me to come back in the afternoon, and lo and behold....
a set of used OEM wiper blades with NEW OEM rubbers for $28.

Thanks again, TeGGer®!!

Old April 6th 05, 10:02 PM
slim

tony kujawa wrote:

> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message

> > > Hey....my local Honda dealer is PURE SCUM.

> > Fine and dandy. Doesn't change the fact that OEM inserts are better
> > than anything out there.
> >
> > And I doubt he's scum.

> And I don't doubt you are an ass suckler.

What? You LIKE being raped in the ass by the Dealer?

Old April 6th 05, 11:32 PM
TWW

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message

> > > And I don't doubt you are an ass suckler.

> > What? You LIKE being raped in the ass by the Dealer?

> I've never been raped in the ass by my Honda dealer.
>
> In fact, my relationship with my dealer saved me $300 just a couple
> weeks ago, when they waived the charge on a repair that shouldn't have
> been required.
>
> This is only about the tenth time something like this has happened in
> the last 20 years, so....you kids may do business the way you like, and
> I'll do business the way I like, and I'll come out ahead. But you'd
> rather throw a tantrum and yell "the dealer sucks!" every time you turn
> around; that's your prerogative.

My dealer is first-rate too. I guess there may some out here that are not
all that good, but I have not run into them yet.

Old April 7th 05, 12:09 AM
SoCalMike

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article >, slim >
> wrote:
>

>>>Seems like we probably have a dealer-hater here; Slim probably never
>>>even THOUGHT of going to the dealer to get the $7 worth of inserts.
>>>He's probably spent $100 or so up to now, all the while thinking that
>>>dealership are by definition evil or something.

>>Hey....my local Honda dealer is PURE SCUM.

> Fine and dandy. Doesn't change the fact that OEM inserts are better
> than anything out there.
>
> And I doubt he's scum.

might be. quite a lot of em are. they know if you buy a honda and take
care of it, they wont see you for at least 15 years. so they try to get
as much money as possible from you.
Old April 7th 05, 03:01 AM
slim

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

> > > And I don't doubt you are an ass suckler.

> > What? You LIKE being raped in the ass by the Dealer?

> I've never been raped in the ass by my Honda dealer.
>
> In fact, my relationship with my dealer saved me $300 just a couple
> weeks ago, when they waived the charge on a repair that shouldn't have
> been required.
>
> This is only about the tenth time something like this has happened in
> the last 20 years, so....you kids may do business the way you like, and
> I'll do business the way I like, and I'll come out ahead. But you'd
> rather throw a tantrum and yell "the dealer sucks!" every time you turn
> around; that's your prerogative.

Tell you what, Elmo, you are one LUCKY MOTHERF%$*ER if your
Honda dealer isn't a total scumbag.

Here in NYC, it just ain't so.

When my car had 16K on it, they told me that they HAD to replace
my brake pads, and that they HAD to charge me for x hours of labor.

I get 35K from OEM pads.

Old April 7th 05, 03:02 AM
slim

SoCalMike wrote:

> Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> >>Hey....my local Honda dealer is PURE SCUM.

> > Fine and dandy. Doesn't change the fact that OEM inserts are better
> > than anything out there.
> >
> > And I doubt he's scum.
> >

> might be. quite a lot of em are. they know if you buy a honda and take
> care of it, they wont see you for at least 15 years. so they try to get
> as much money as possible from you.

They are going to have to pry my cold dead hands off the wheel of my
96 Civic coupe.

--

"This notion that the United States is getting ready
to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. Having said that,
all options are on the table,"
George Bush, Feb 22 2005

http://www.quantumphilosophy.net/fil...yan_Medium.mov

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html#wms
WHY IRAQ?: http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gwbush/remindus.html
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...ickenhawks.htm

"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim

CJ7 Windshield Wiper Problem Jay Stuler Jeep 14 March 21st 05 03:25 AM
squeaking windshield wiper - too much arm tension? Howard Lester Honda 11 February 20th 05 02:09 PM
Windshield Wiper System Fix Michael White Jeep 2 January 17th 05 02:11 PM
Windshield wiper not working Ulf BMW 4 December 21st 04 12:50 PM
Windshield wiper not working Ulf Technology 5 December 21st 04 12:50 PM