New Spark Plugs

Old February 4th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Daniel David Palmer[_2_]

Default New Spark Plugs

At what mileage should spark plugs be changed on a 2003 Mountaineer V8?
Currently I am at 70K miles and I seem to recall that someone said they
are hard to remove at the recommended 100,000 miles. Outta I do this now
or just wait?
Old February 5th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Al Williams

They are hard to get out at any mileage - on my SOHC the pass firewall one
was impossible. I ended up at the dealer for this one as they had the right
tools and the price wasn't bad in a "tune-up package". I'd stick with the
owners manual recommended and leave them for now...

--
Allan Williams

Old February 5th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
C. E. White[_1_]

"Al Williams" > wrote in message
> They are hard to get out at any mileage - on my SOHC the pass
> firewall one was impossible. I ended up at the dealer for this one
> as they had the right tools and the price wasn't bad in a "tune-up
> package". I'd stick with the owners manual recommended and leave
> them for now...

I changed the plugs on a SOHC V-6 last summer - not too bad once I
remove the right front tire and went at it through the wheel well (as
the manual recommended).

If he has a 4.6L V-8, well that is a different animal. I'd definitely
find a good shop and pay them to do that one.

Ed

spark plugs Mac VW air cooled 2 July 25th 06 01:26 PM
Spark plugs bug '59 VW air cooled 6 September 6th 05 10:58 PM
spark plugs??? psion Ford Mustang 4 December 19th 04 07:27 PM
spark plugs prc25 Saturn 6 November 24th 04 09:47 PM
156 2.5 V6 Spark plugs? [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 May 1st 04 11:11 PM