Can I get a louder horn?

Old August 29th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
NB

Default Can I get a louder horn?

This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
that even legal in the US?

Old August 29th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Matt Ion

NB wrote:
> This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
> any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
> her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
> all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
> that even legal in the US?

Try something like this:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...egoryCode=3074

Should be perfectly legal unless you're leaning on it all the time
violating local noise bylaws.
Old August 29th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Matt Ion

Matt Ion wrote:
> NB wrote:
>> This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
>> any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
>> her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
>> all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
>> that even legal in the US?

> Try something like this:
> http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...egoryCode=3074
>

> Should be perfectly legal unless you're leaning on it all the time
> violating local noise bylaws.

Better yet:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...egoryCode=3074

Should really get the bimbo's attention next time, if she thinks a big
rig is bearing down on her!
Old August 29th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Lynn McGuire

> How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
> that even legal in the US?

Get a train air horn: http://www.hornblasters.com/

Lynn

Old August 29th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Matt Ion

Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
>> that even legal in the US?

> Get a train air horn: http://www.hornblasters.com/

YES! I want one for the next time some psycho bicycle courier cuts me off!
Old August 29th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Tegger

NB > wrote in news:1188407120.440695.171500@
57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

> This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
> any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
> her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
> all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
> that even legal in the US?

Go to the wreckers and take the horns off a big American car.

You'll need a relay as well, so as not to overload the switch.

I've done this before. Works like a charm.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old August 29th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Larry Bud

On Aug 29, 1:05 pm, NB > wrote:
> This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
> any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
> her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
> all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
> that even legal in the US?

It's just a matter of getting a SECOND horn and wiring it in parallel
with the existing horn. Just make sure you don't go over the rating
for that circuit. I doubt it would even be close.

Old August 29th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Steve[_43_]

NB > wrote:
>This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
>any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
>her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
>all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
>that even legal in the US?

Dunno, but a cheaper solution would be to carry Rod Speed in the
passenger seat at all times.

--

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

....Granville Hicks
Old August 29th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

NB wrote:
>This ****ing idiot almost hit me today when she totally wasn't paying
>any attention and changed into my lane just as I was driving past
>her. I honked at her, but gotta say that my horn volume didn't seem
>all that loud. How much would it cost to get a louder horn, and is
>that even legal in the US?

Just drive down to your local electronics store and buy yourself a
"ghetto blaster" stereo, and you'll be all set! Remember to EQ the
signal so that there is nothing but bass and treble; that pesky
midrange doesn't do much to get the attention of other drivers.

--

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Can I get a louder horn? NB Driving 32 October 20th 07 06:41 AM
Need to make 1996 Mustang GT Louder!!! an Faster!!! HELP R Ford Mustang 34 September 2nd 07 06:07 AM
engine / exhaust suddenly much louder [email protected] Audi 0 October 19th 06 09:09 PM
AWA [OFFER] auto horn, electrical horn, horns [email protected] General 0 April 20th 06 11:01 AM
New Cross Terrains louder? HerkyJerky Ford Explorer 4 December 21st 05 04:53 AM