How does 4x4 really work

Old January 12th 05, 04:04 AM
Marvin Oliver

I have a 99 gc with quadratrac II and have noticed that the full time does
not perform well form a cold start.
I have assumed that the "fluids or hydrolic system" needs to warm up to
operating temp before the full time
will work well. After driving only a mile I see a marked improvement in
traction. At the same time if I shift
into part time I recieve solid traction even from a cold start. All of this
is when starting cold from my driveway
turning onto a snow covered 7% grade road. To test this I have tried
driving out of my driveway immediatly
after returning home in full time.

jimo

Old January 15th 05, 01:57 AM
Chad Fraker

This is an excellent explanation of 4x4
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/four-wheel-drive.htm

also make sure to read up on differentials work:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/differential.htm

HYFTH,
Chad

Best Home Base Work Reynard 4x4 0 November 10th 04 02:27 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Chrysler 0 November 10th 04 12:51 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Antique cars 0 November 9th 04 04:36 PM