GTL USES STARFARCE????

Old February 9th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL USES STARFARCE????

2006-02-08, Larry wrote:
> Man, don't say that too loud!
>
> -Larry
>
> "Andi Cole" > wrote in message
>> No, but if theres a chance of 'controlling' yet another part of a PC then
>> I'm sure M$ would buy Starforce then make it a standard part of Windows.

They probably will - and call it "trusted computing" or something. The new
"safety" measures in Vista will be DRM, it will provide a "safer"
experience for content providers, not for the consumers. Not to mention
the rumours that only Microsoft approved drivers can be installed...

-peter

Old February 9th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

2006-02-09, Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> On 09 Feb 2006 08:41:38 GMT, Peter wrote:
>>
>> They probably will - and call it "trusted computing" or something. The new
>> "safety" measures in Vista will be DRM, it will provide a "safer"
>> experience for content providers, not for the consumers. Not to mention
>> the rumours that only Microsoft approved drivers can be installed...
>>

> Who needs this "Vista" thing anyway? Given the ridiculous hardware
> requirements for the new OS, I'd be even less willing to upgrade if the
> above should prove true (well, maybe if GTR10 or rFactor 5.0ß drop
> support for XP, then I might reconsider, <pipe dream> but then we'll all
> be running some Linux / Free OS variant hopefully anyway</pipe dream>

By that time I'm hoping for rFactor for Linux! (One can dream...)

-peter

Old February 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Well, this was another reason for my mad-man, over-the-top upgrade. I have
to be an early adopter due to the work I do.

-Larry

Old February 9th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Jesus H Christ, quit ****ing using MS products already, shees! Does it make
you feel like a BIG man to say you use a subpar OS that runs more like half
assed shareware than a modern OS? My god get ****ing over your obsessive
compulsive bull**** already because no one is FORCING you to run MS
products!

M$ sux, its all Bush's fault, were losing the war, Islamists are arent all
bad, Starforce broke my PC, blah blah blah. See the trend????

There are many places on the internet for you to go and get you fill of anti
MS nonsense why the **** do you bring it here constantly?

No one codes games on Linux for a reason youre just to full of your kool-aid
to figure it out as a reasonable human.

Mitch

Old February 9th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

(Mitch_A) wrote:

> Jesus H Christ

O, oh... someone forgot his Ritalin again! Calm down dear, it's only an
operating system.

Andrew McP
Old February 10th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Hey, Mitch! Back away from the Uwe slowly...

-Larry

et...

Old February 10th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

The whole Vista/HDCP Video thing is really going to **** people off when it
hits. That's why I made sure my new LCD had HDCP support on the DVI port.

Most don't, even today, and 99% of the LCD's on desktops right now don't
either.

Old February 10th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It's a known fact that Starforce eats your grandmother.

Old February 10th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

() wrote:

> It's a known fact that Starforce eats your grandmother.

I think you'll find it's worms, not Starforce.

Andrew McP
Old February 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

See what you did there Andrew? You did a funny; a joke on a joke. Now
in normal circumstances that would be fine, but in this particular
usage, your contribution seeks to cancel mine out; you seek to bask in
my reflected glory, my radiance.

It was a fine effort but I am adequately noble to advise you
accordingly thus: I have faith in your ability to contribute in
isolation.