20 clients?

Old August 31st 05, 10:19 PM
jason moyer

Alan Bernardo wrote:

> When you say "mirrors" do you mean places where also the game can be ordered
> (paid for) and then downloaded? I see nothing on the rFactor site. Can you
> supply some links?

You can pay for the game after it's unlocked (it uses AfterMark
protection). Try sim-racer.de.

Old August 31st 05, 11:00 PM
Steve Whitty

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Steve Whitty wrote:
>>
>> from the readme

> Awesome, thanks.

nps, anytime. shout if theres anything else you need to know.

hint: check the credits when exiting game

cheers

steve

Old August 31st 05, 11:32 PM
Alan Bernardo

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Alan Bernardo wrote:
>
>> When you say "mirrors" do you mean places where also the game can be
>> ordered
>> (paid for) and then downloaded? I see nothing on the rFactor site. Can
>> you
>> supply some links?

> You can pay for the game after it's unlocked (it uses AfterMark
> protection). Try sim-racer.de.

Cool. Thanks from Ohio! Home of the freakin' Buckeyes!

Alanb

Old August 31st 05, 11:39 PM
Tony Rickard

Alan Bernardo wrote:

> When you say "mirrors" do you mean places where also the game can be ordered
> (paid for) and then downloaded? I see nothing on the rFactor site. Can you
> supply some links?

Sorry Alan, I was too busy playing rFactor! Glad to see you got sorted
elsewhere - at the time I wasn't sure if the link was to be made (more)
public.

Initial impressions - I just love the open wheeler

Cheers
Tony
Old September 2nd 05, 11:34 AM
Jeff Reid

> How many times have you been in a race with more than 20 drivers on
> NR2K3? With the mods that are expected for the game, the community will
> be spread out from here to hell and back.

If I'm trying to gain points in NR2003, then most of the time I'll be
in pits with 30+ players. You rank goes based on average points won,
which in turn is based on the number of players you finish ahead of
(and behind). The more racers in a race, the more points you can win
(or lose). It's not that rare to have close to 40 players in a super
speedway race during prime time on NR2003.

However, this is not exactly a fair comparason. Run a road course
event in NR2003, and 20 players would be quite rare. Usually these
only involve 5 to 15 players.

Old September 2nd 05, 11:56 AM
jason moyer

John Simmons wrote:

> How many times have you been in a race with more than 20 drivers on
> NR2K3?

Hundreds.

Old September 2nd 05, 09:25 PM
Praxiteles Democritus

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:47:05 GMT, John Simmons > wrote:

> With the mods that are expected for the game, the community will
>be spread out from here to hell and back.

That's if the modders deem rFactor worthy of heavy modding. Unless ISI
fix the duff AI I don't see it being a worthwhile project. The
graphics engine is average, at best, too.
Old September 2nd 05, 10:47 PM
Tony Rickard

Praxiteles Democritus wrote:
>>With the mods that are expected for the game, the community will
>>be spread out from here to hell and back.

> That's if the modders deem rFactor worthy of heavy modding. Unless ISI
> fix the duff AI I don't see it being a worthwhile project. The
> graphics engine is average, at best, too.

The jewel of rFactor is surely the Trainer. The potential for Formula 3,
Formula Ford, Formula Renault type mods would seem great, providing
quality tracks can be built.

Disagree on the graphics engine being average