In need of iRacing invite

Old July 2nd 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

Default In need of iRacing invite

"Larry" > wrote in news
> I've heard of the glass being half full or half empty. But dude...
>
> Your's is just plain empty.

Not quite emnpty. I am thinking of buying Grid so there must be a few drops
of hope left in my glass. Although, I expect Grid will disappoint me once I
get beyond the cool graphics. I buy games just so I can lambaste them and
no other reason. I get more fun out of winding people up on usenet and web
forums than playing games anyway.
Old July 2nd 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

Tony R > wrote in
:

> They are invitations to subscribe. It may seem a bit cunning but
> luckily you will have seen through their plan to make you subscribe
> when the invitations mentions the subscribe word...

I have to ask to be invited just to give them my money? Weird strategy but
it just may work for them.
Old July 2nd 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in
news
> Yeah it should be free. Free sim-racing is a basic human right, after
> all. <ROLLS EYES>

Liar! You have no testicles.

Old July 2nd 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

The Coward Robert Ford wrote:
>> They are invitations to subscribe. It may seem a bit cunning but
>> luckily you will have seen through their plan to make you subscribe
>> when the invitations mentions the subscribe word...

> I have to ask to be invited just to give them my money? Weird strategy but
> it just may work for them.

People will be going on waiting lists for expensive cars next, crazy...
Old July 2nd 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
The Coward Robert Ford

Tony R > wrote in
news
> People will be going on waiting lists for expensive cars next,
> crazy...

Yea, and you can only enter the pitstop if invited to do so. Oh wait, there
are no pitstops.
Old July 3rd 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

I resent that - I for one am definantly a sack of ****!

Old July 4th 08, 07:31 PM
Howard Fergerson JR. Howard Fergerson JR. is offline
Junior Member

any updates on when the invites are coming?, been a week
Old July 7th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan Bernardo[_5_]

"David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote in message
news

> "The Coward Robert Ford" > wrote in message
>> Tony R > wrote in news:tSxak.106129
>> :
>>
>>> The next wave of invites will be to those registered on the website, and
>>> will take place very soon (within days) according to iRacing staff.
>>>
>>> Make sure you are registered!
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Tony
>>>

>> I'm no fool. All these invites are just a front to get people hooked on
>> the
>> game so they will get a subscription. The invitiation system is just to
>> make you think you are "special" but in reality you are just another sack
>> of coins to count.

> Yeah it should be free. Free sim-racing is a basic human right, after all.
> <ROLLS EYES>

<STAMPS FEET> Wondering why people are always rolling their eyes.

Alan

Old July 7th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

" I'm no fool. All these invites are just a front to get people hooked
on the
game so they will get a subscription. The invitiation system is just
make you think you are "special" but in reality you are just another
sack
of coins to count."

You are so wrong. You are such a fool . If you don't want
to pay to race in a structured environment that is your privilege. I
do believe the invitation system was to make sure their system was up
to speed and could handle it. Some "special" people actually did get
some benefit from participating in the beta phase.
As far as iRacing counting coins I believe they do need to
eventually make a profit for the sake of survival. I apologize for
wasting bandwidth but some of these guys I JUST CAN'T TAKE.

Steve P