NSR WHY Do the AI

Old February 19th 05, 02:07 AM
mjones53

Default NSR WHY Do the AI

cars keep stopping when you pull up behind them?
the game is growing on me but, it sucks to try and draft with them and they
just like hit the brakes!

Old February 19th 05, 02:53 AM
Dave Henrie

"mjones53" > wrote in
:

> cars keep stopping when you pull up behind them?
> the game is growing on me but, it sucks to try and draft with them and
> they just like hit the brakes!

Are they stopping or are you mis-interpreting your added carspeed due to
the draft? In other words, are you speeding up?

dave henrie
Old February 19th 05, 04:27 AM
Steve Blankenship

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "mjones53" > wrote in
> :
>

> > cars keep stopping when you pull up behind them?
> > the game is growing on me but, it sucks to try and draft with them and
> > they just like hit the brakes!
> >

> Are they stopping or are you mis-interpreting your added carspeed due

> the draft? In other words, are you speeding up?
>
> dave henrie

No they definitely slow down - I just thought it was special AI brake-check
code... ;-)

Old February 19th 05, 05:51 AM
Larry

Hmmm... I have not experienced this at all. In fact, I have a hard time
keeping up with them at their default skill levels.

Did you lower their skill or aggression? If so, put it back.

-Larry

Old February 19th 05, 08:44 AM
Timmy Ferrell

"mjones53" > wrote in message
> cars keep stopping when you pull up behind them?
> the game is growing on me but, it sucks to try and draft with them and
> they just like hit the brakes!

I've noticed at Daytona the AI cars slow down dramatically when exiting the
pits on the backstretch. When they do merge, they swerve to the middle of
the track and force oncoming traffic to take evasive action. They definately
need a patch for this sim- I'm beginning to like it more as I play it but I
still get the feeling that EA released a sim that was 75-90% finished. I
assume they were trying to get it in stores before the Daytona 500.
The carsets included are a complete mystery to me- Brendan Gaughan is shown
in the 77 Kodak car for the 2005 season. He was released from that ride in
what, last November? Why was a 2004 Cup carset included, as well as a 2005
carset?

Old February 19th 05, 12:53 PM
Tim Paullin

"mjones53" > wrote in message
> cars keep stopping when you pull up behind them?
> the game is growing on me but, it sucks to try and draft with them and
> they just like hit the brakes!

Harvick? Is that you? :-)

Tim

Old February 19th 05, 02:29 PM
elrikk

"Tim Paullin" > wrote in message

> "mjones53" > wrote in message
> > cars keep stopping when you pull up behind them?
> > the game is growing on me but, it sucks to try and draft with them and
> > they just like hit the brakes!
> >

> Harvick? Is that you? :-)
>

> Tim

LOL ;o)

Elrikk

Old February 19th 05, 03:41 PM
Russell

I saw something like this in the demo (don't have the final version and
am still reading comments here to decide if I'll get it).

At Kansas, if you got right on the AI's bumper coming out of turn 2 and
stayed there, the AI would brake dramatically going into turn 3. If you
stayed back 2 or 3 car lengths, this braking wouldn't occur (you could
maintain your distance without jamming on the brakes.) This was very
predictable and easy to recreate.

Maybe you can find a pattern like that ... just a thought.

Russell

:

Old February 19th 05, 06:28 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Russell" > wrote in message
> I saw something like this in the demo (don't have the final version and
> am still reading comments here to decide if I'll get it).
>
> At Kansas, if you got right on the AI's bumper coming out of turn 2 and
> stayed there, the AI would brake dramatically going into turn 3. If you
> stayed back 2 or 3 car lengths, this braking wouldn't occur (you could
> maintain your distance without jamming on the brakes.) This was very
> predictable and easy to recreate.
>
> Maybe you can find a pattern like that ... just a thought.
>
> Russell

Yeah, that's what I meant about them brake-checking you. Actually laughed
and figured they'd coded the AI to do that on purpose.

Not that a real driver would ever do anything so sneaky... ;-)

Old February 20th 05, 12:38 AM
Dave Henrie

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in
:

> Yeah, that's what I meant about them brake-checking you. Actually
> laughed and figured they'd coded the AI to do that on purpose.
>
> Not that a real driver would ever do anything so sneaky... ;-)

again...just suppossing. Could you be effecting the car in front by
taking air off it's spoiler and thus causing an aero-loose condition?
dave henrie