CD-Changer cable

Old December 19th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Matthew Fries

Default CD-Changer cable

I have a 97 SC2 with an eq and the CD-changer in the trunk. Earlier
this year, the cd-changer failed and it will no longer read any CDs.
The head unit just says "ERR".

I'm resigned to buying a new head unit, and I like having a cd-changer
that I can fill with a wide variety of discs. I'm considering a
Pioneer HU, probably from Crutchfield. I'm certain I can install the
head unit myself, and I have no qualms about mounting a new cd-changer
in the trunk, but I'm a little uncertain about the routing of the new
cable to the trunk.

Has anyone done anything like this? Will I need to tear up my car's
interior just to route the cable? Where does the existing cable hide?
Would I be able to keep it there, while I add another cable (in order
to keep my car "stock")? I would rather not pay an installer just to
run the cable, when I can do everything else myself.

Thanks for any tips.

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.
Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick
Old December 19th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jon Jon

and I THOUGHT I had problems <snickering> ..

Found my music in the early years (Skynrd, Seger, Tina, Cher, Fleetwood
Mac, etc.) .. '98 SATURN has a casette tape player .. works for me.
However .. in the "old days" .. 2001,'02,'03, I would just slide my 3M
automatc tape cleaning head cassette in when I got the "CLEAN" light on
my cassette player ... got that at WalMart, Walgreen's etc.

They are no longer available; short of contacting the 3M Company and
special ordering them <MAYBE??>

Yes, I CAN grab some Q-tips and rubbing alcohol and manually clean the
heads .. not an easy thing to do when travelling 70 MPH down the highway
though LOL

Gotta love "technology".