A1 G60 Swap speedo cable

Old April 8th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default A1 G60 Swap speedo cable

Hi I have recently removed A G60 from a syncro. I am looking for tips
on a few things. First I am going to Be installing the complete
harness out of the syncro in to my Rabbit. Head light to tail light.
I am shaving 3 inches of off the passat dash to fit it into the rabbit.
No problem there. The problem I first have is how do I adapt the
speedo cable to the tranny. The wiring is no problem as well. Ok
maybe just one thing on the wiring, I have removed the abs/all wheel
drive computer. It also has the harness for the heated seats in it.
Will I need to use this harness for anything. Any info would help me
here thank you in advance.
FlyGTI

Old April 10th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

I'm running a g60 in a scirocco a1 and the cable fits the 02A box without
any problem. I'm using a instr. panel of a A2 Golf GTI.

SFC

"Weatherbee" > schreef in bericht
oups.com...
> Hi I have recently removed A G60 from a syncro. I am looking for tips
> on a few things. First I am going to Be installing the complete
> harness out of the syncro in to my Rabbit. Head light to tail light.
> I am shaving 3 inches of off the passat dash to fit it into the rabbit.
> No problem there. The problem I first have is how do I adapt the
> speedo cable to the tranny. The wiring is no problem as well. Ok
> maybe just one thing on the wiring, I have removed the abs/all wheel
> drive computer. It also has the harness for the heated seats in it.
> Will I need to use this harness for anything. Any info would help me
> here thank you in advance.
> FlyGTI

lubing your speedo cable Alex M. Postpischil Mazda 12 November 24th 05 10:16 AM
SPEEDO CABLE LUBE Chris D'Agnolo Mazda 4 October 29th 05 12:23 AM
replacing 96 cabrio power window cable? wkearney99 VW water cooled 4 October 16th 05 03:38 PM
Speedo cable in left front hub...HOW DO I GET IT IN?????? Ted VW air cooled 5 June 30th 05 07:23 PM
1962 Cadillac Eldorado speedometer cable trouble? Charles Scheffold Antique cars 11 October 13th 03 05:14 AM