Water in your Passat..SOLUTION..

Old April 6th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Water in your Passat..SOLUTION..

If you have found water (lots of) in your rear footwell on the left
hand side of the car then read on. I recently followed the advice in
the following link and was amazed at how effective it is. Please bare
in mind if your carpets are wet then there will be a tidal wave
underneath so you must get them lifted, remember you have the CCM in
the front and the wiring loom from front to back (none of which mix
well with water). Lastly, this doesn't take into account for blocked
sunroof drains or leak doors. Check it out, Andy....

http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/passat/leak/

Old April 7th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Nice writeup. And, good to know about as a fellow B5 owner.

One comment: the big black thing you mentioned in step 8 is not the
brake master cylinder (although the m/c is attached to it).

It is actually the brake servo (a.k.a. brake booster). It's a large
vacuum diaphragm with control valves in it that cause it to 'servo' the
brake pedal position to a pushrod that drives the brake master cylinder,
with the pressure gain provided by vacuum (engine vacuum on a petrol engine)

The m/c itself is a much smaller affair, naked aluminum in our case I
think, with a number of brake lines coming out of it.

-Arthur

Old April 7th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Nice tip, but while you're in there you may want to just remove the rubber
grommets that really do nothing more than restrict the drain holes.
Otherwise you'll be repeating the clean out in a few months.

ups.com...

Old April 7th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Nice tip, but while you're in there you may want to just remove the rubber
grommets that really do nothing more than restrict the drain holes.
Otherwise you'll be repeating the clean out in a few months.

ups.com...

How to flush coolant system? Yvan BMW 10 January 31st 06 04:30 PM
water leak under drivers seat in 1999 vw passat estate richardbrooks VW air cooled 2 July 7th 05 08:29 AM
03 passat water in footwell pdnews VW water cooled 2 June 22nd 05 09:54 PM
Passat 1.6 TD - water loss jrg2004 VW water cooled 2 December 27th 04 06:04 PM