ALIGNMENT SHIMS NEEDED???????

Old October 5th 04, 03:25 AM
softball

Default ALIGNMENT SHIMS NEEDED???????

I have just Lowered my 1996 328i, using the Maxspeed Lowering Springs....
The car looks great and handles great, only promblem is the rear wheels
are out by 3 degrees and the front by 1.25 degrees.... I have had it to a
custom alignment shop and they cant find the shim kit to fix.... do you
have a source and a part number for the kit... HELP.... my other option
is to raise the car up to stock height...It had been lowered only in the
front by cutting the springs when i purchased it.. and thats not
safe...... Mark

Old October 5th 04, 10:46 AM
adder

"softball" > wrote in message alkaboutautos.com>...
> I have just Lowered my 1996 328i, using the Maxspeed Lowering Springs....
> The car looks great and handles great, only promblem is the rear wheels
> are out by 3 degrees and the front by 1.25 degrees.... I have had it to a
> custom alignment shop and they cant find the shim kit to fix.... do you
> have a source and a part number for the kit... HELP.... my other option
> is to raise the car up to stock height...It had been lowered only in the
> front by cutting the springs when i purchased it.. and thats not
> safe...... Mark

Are you talking camber? What are the actual measurements? Factory
alignment specs go out the window when you change the suspension. Set
it up how you want not how the factory wants.

Audi A6, 4.2 -- Alignment Specs? Anit Patel Audi 2 December 5th 04 07:05 PM
164 workshop manual needed... Lost Alfa Romeo 3 November 14th 04 12:50 PM
2003 A4 1.8t Alignment suppy Audi 1 November 7th 04 06:13 PM
Wheel Alignment Geoff Audi 2 July 16th 04 06:23 PM
Alfa 164 Tyre Pressures - Info needed Tom Boltwood Alfa Romeo 5 April 30th 04 11:06 PM