Michigan teens' dumb prank injures biker

Old July 15th 05, 03:03 PM
Dave Stone

Default Michigan teens' dumb prank injures biker

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=0Rcec9bQ

(Wyoming, July 14, 2005, 5:32 p.m.) Two teens are charged with assault
after stretching plastic wrap across a road, injuring a motorcyclist.

Police say Nicholas Gortsema and Andrew Witjer, both 17, stretched
industrial strength plastic wrap across the 5300 block of Canal Street in
Wyoming just before 1:30 a.m. July 1.

Jim Anderson was riding his motorcycle and rode into the wrap. He was
knocked down and suffered cuts and a fractured rib.

Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.

The teens are now charged with felonious assault, and if convicted they
could spend as much as 15 years behind bars.
Old July 15th 05, 03:10 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:03:39 -0000, Dave Stone <n> wrote:

>Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
>said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.
>
>The teens are now charged with felonious assault, and if convicted they
>could spend as much as 15 years behind bars.

A more fitting punishment would be to wrap some of that plastic around
their necks and hang them with it.

Old July 15th 05, 03:48 PM
223rem

Dave Stone wrote:
> http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=0Rcec9bQ
>

> (Wyoming, July 14, 2005, 5:32 p.m.) Two teens are charged with assault
> after stretching plastic wrap across a road, injuring a motorcyclist.
>
> Police say Nicholas Gortsema and Andrew Witjer, both 17, stretched
> industrial strength plastic wrap across the 5300 block of Canal Street in
> Wyoming just before 1:30 a.m. July 1.
>
> Jim Anderson was riding his motorcycle and rode into the wrap. He was
> knocked down and suffered cuts and a fractured rib.
>
> Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
> said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.

They would have used piano wire for motorcycles
Old July 15th 05, 04:14 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Dave Stone wrote:
> http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=0Rcec9bQ
>

> (Wyoming, July 14, 2005, 5:32 p.m.) Two teens are charged with assault
> after stretching plastic wrap across a road, injuring a motorcyclist.
>
> Police say Nicholas Gortsema and Andrew Witjer, both 17, stretched
> industrial strength plastic wrap across the 5300 block of Canal Street in
> Wyoming just before 1:30 a.m. July 1.
>
> Jim Anderson was riding his motorcycle and rode into the wrap. He was
> knocked down and suffered cuts and a fractured rib.
>
> Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
> said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.
>
> The teens are now charged with felonious assault, and if convicted they
> could spend as much as 15 years behind bars.

Felonious assault???? 15 years??? But if they had been speeding and
crashed into this cyclist, all they'd do is pay a fine.

Old July 15th 05, 05:48 PM
N8N

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Dave Stone wrote:
> > http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=0Rcec9bQ
> >

> > (Wyoming, July 14, 2005, 5:32 p.m.) Two teens are charged with assault
> > after stretching plastic wrap across a road, injuring a motorcyclist.
> >
> > Police say Nicholas Gortsema and Andrew Witjer, both 17, stretched
> > industrial strength plastic wrap across the 5300 block of Canal Street in
> > Wyoming just before 1:30 a.m. July 1.
> >
> > Jim Anderson was riding his motorcycle and rode into the wrap. He was
> > knocked down and suffered cuts and a fractured rib.
> >
> > Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
> > said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.
> >
> > The teens are now charged with felonious assault, and if convicted they
> > could spend as much as 15 years behind bars.

> Felonious assault???? 15 years??? But if they had been speeding and
> crashed into this cyclist, all they'd do is pay a fine.

Are you saying that you don't think 15 years is fair? Personally I
think it might be a bit much for what appears to be a simple case of
excessive dumbass; but then again, the message has to be sent that
behavior like this can't be tolerated. Since being a dumbass isn't a
crime, we have to charge them with what we can. Or are you a criminal
coddler(TM)?

nate

Old July 15th 05, 06:30 PM

N8N wrote:
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> > Dave Stone wrote:
> > > http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=0Rcec9bQ
> > >

> > > (Wyoming, July 14, 2005, 5:32 p.m.) Two teens are charged with assault
> > > after stretching plastic wrap across a road, injuring a motorcyclist.
> > >
> > > Police say Nicholas Gortsema and Andrew Witjer, both 17, stretched
> > > industrial strength plastic wrap across the 5300 block of Canal Street in
> > > Wyoming just before 1:30 a.m. July 1.
> > >
> > > Jim Anderson was riding his motorcycle and rode into the wrap. He was
> > > knocked down and suffered cuts and a fractured rib.
> > >
> > > Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
> > > said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.
> > >
> > > The teens are now charged with felonious assault, and if convicted they
> > > could spend as much as 15 years behind bars.

> > Felonious assault???? 15 years??? But if they had been speeding and
> > crashed into this cyclist, all they'd do is pay a fine.

> Are you saying that you don't think 15 years is fair? Personally I
> think it might be a bit much for what appears to be a simple case of
> excessive dumbass; but then again, the message has to be sent that
> behavior like this can't be tolerated. Since being a dumbass isn't a
> crime, we have to charge them with what we can. Or are you a criminal
> coddler(TM)?
>
> nate

I'm all for locking these doods up for awhile but then the same should
be done to reckless drivers like speeders that maim people. You're the
CC.

Old July 15th 05, 06:40 PM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On 15 Jul 2005 08:14:03 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> was understood to have stated the following:

>Felonious assault???? 15 years??? But if they had been speeding and
>crashed into this cyclist, all they'd do is pay a fine.

they demonstrated malicious intent, idiot.

--

The last song I started on my PC was: Counting Crows - I'm Not Sleeping - Recovering The Satellites
K:\Audio\Counting Crows\Recovering The Satellites\04-I'm Not Sleeping.mp3
Old July 15th 05, 06:42 PM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On 15 Jul 2005 10:30:14 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> was understood to have stated the following:

>I'm all for locking these doods up for awhile but then the same should
>be done to reckless drivers like speeders that maim people. You're the
>CC.

Sure, we should start with the idiots who do 41 in a 25, as well as
those who get drunk and drive their cars off a bridge and let their
pregnant mistresses drown.

--

The last song I started on my PC was: 3 Doors Down - The Road I'm On - Away From The Sun
K:\Audio\3 Doors Down\Away From The Sun\03 - The Road I'm On.mp3
Old July 15th 05, 06:49 PM
N8N

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> N8N wrote:
> > Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> > > Felonious assault???? 15 years??? But if they had been speeding and
> > > crashed into this cyclist, all they'd do is pay a fine.

> > Are you saying that you don't think 15 years is fair? Personally I
> > think it might be a bit much for what appears to be a simple case of
> > excessive dumbass; but then again, the message has to be sent that
> > behavior like this can't be tolerated. Since being a dumbass isn't a
> > crime, we have to charge them with what we can. Or are you a criminal
> > coddler(TM)?
> >
> > nate

> I'm all for locking these doods up for awhile but then the same should
> be done to reckless drivers like speeders that maim people. You're the
> CC.

Wrong, maggot-brains. I speed nearly every day and I've never so much
as given another driver a hangnail. However it's pretty obvious that
there's a high potential for injury when blocking a road with
industrial plastic. Perhaps you should try leaving the warmth and
serenity of your colon and engaging in some logical thinking for once.

nate

Old July 16th 05, 04:31 AM
DTJ

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:03:39 -0000, Dave Stone <n> wrote:

>http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...9&nav=0Rcec9bQ
>

>(Wyoming, July 14, 2005, 5:32 p.m.) Two teens are charged with assault
>after stretching plastic wrap across a road, injuring a motorcyclist.
>
>Police say Nicholas Gortsema and Andrew Witjer, both 17, stretched
>industrial strength plastic wrap across the 5300 block of Canal Street in
>Wyoming just before 1:30 a.m. July 1.
>
>Jim Anderson was riding his motorcycle and rode into the wrap. He was
>knocked down and suffered cuts and a fractured rib.
>
>Police found the teens nearby. They reportedly admitted to the prank and
>said they expected a car to hit the wrap, not a motorcycle.
>
>The teens are now charged with felonious assault, and if convicted they
>could spend as much as 15 years behind bars.

How unfortunate that the jaybird wasn't the one to respond to the
call, we could have eliminated the trial.