Hood Sitters

Old July 15th 05, 04:53 AM
O Cachorro

Default Hood Sitters

Silly question, but I would like to ask anyway...

I've seen a few magazine 'model' shots and some scenes in some movies where
people sit on the hoods of their Jeep Wranglers. I have a 2000 TJ, and I
was wondering if this is possible without denting the hood. I'm not very
heavy (165 lbs.), but I'm not waif model either. And the TJ hood seems
pretty solid compared to the other cars I've had.
Old July 15th 05, 05:25 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

No problem, at least for Real Civilian Jeeps.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 07:03 AM
Kevin in San Diego

My kids jump on the hood of my XJ all the time. Mostly when they are
climbing down from the roof rack.
KH

Old July 15th 05, 07:35 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

And they'll be 165 pounds before you know it.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 07:47 AM
BillyRay

Are you still allowed to carry kids on a roof rack? Do they have to wear
seat belts?

Why not just strap them to the hood like we do with deer?

Old July 15th 05, 07:57 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

LOL.

Old July 15th 05, 08:03 AM
BillyRay

They still made the big Ford LTD wagons when my daughters were just
sproutlettes. I always wanted to get a police model with the bulletproof
screen so I could let the kidlets loose in the back and I would be serenely
riding up front.

Safe and sound, and quiet.

Old July 15th 05, 01:10 PM
jeff

Here we have it, final word: the OP asked if hood sitting was a problem
for her 00' TJ and Bill Says "No Problem .. for *Real* Civilian Jeeps"!
It's good to see that TJs have finally been declared and accepted as
*REAL*. Now we just got to work on the bonifieds of the YJ. It's those
damned square headlights I tell ya!
--
jeff

Old July 15th 05, 02:08 PM
Earle Horton

You are welcome to take a trip to scenic Silverton, CO, and inspect the dent
in my YJ's hood. There is no reason for two of us to make the same mistake.
A dent hammer and some dry ice got most of it out, but I left enough to
remind me, that I don't have a Real Civilian Jeep like Bill.

Earle

Old July 15th 05, 05:40 PM
J Strickland

"jeff" > wrote in message
> Here we have it, final word: the OP asked if hood sitting was a problem
> for her 00' TJ and Bill Says "No Problem .. for *Real* Civilian Jeeps"!

That would be Civilian Jeep, or CJ. Alas the TJ isn't a CJ, so the perceived
declaration hasn't been made. Sorry.

Having said that, nobody cares if a topless model bends the hood a bit.

hood scoop theory 101 ?? [email protected] Ford Mustang 11 January 9th 05 04:44 PM
Hood damage Todd Technology 7 January 4th 05 01:55 PM
Collision damage to aluminum hood + headlight assembly shattered y_p_w Technology 24 December 15th 04 01:22 AM
Fix strategy for (common?) broken hood on '71? pgtr Corvette 22 October 9th 04 05:56 AM