Dang Furriners

Old January 2nd 05, 06:36 PM
Geoff Miller

Furious George asked:

>> Why do you hate white people?

Our resident Mohammedan extremist Arif Khokar >
responds:

> Because many white people who are racist are downright stupid
> and I dislike stupid people in general.

Oh, the irony!

Geoff

--
"All my father wanted to do was make a toaster
you could really set the darkness on -- and
Old January 2nd 05, 06:41 PM
Geoff Miller

Arif Khokar > writes:

> Also, in case you misinterpreted what I said, I'm not
> saying that all white people are racist. I just made
> a generalization based on those people who hold such
> attitudes.

Of course, anyone who dares to make a generalization about
*nonwhite* people who exhibit a certain trait (say, inept
driving) will immediately be set upon and denounced as a
"racist." White people, however, continue to be fair game
among the terminally PC.

Geoff

Old January 2nd 05, 06:41 PM
Geoff Miller

Old January 2nd 05, 06:43 PM
Geoff Miller

{STP} wrote:

>> If you can't tell someone is a foreigner by listening to him,
>> I suggest you unsub and spend more time in the real world.

Arif Khokar > responds:

> Let me ask you a question: Do you think I'm a foreigner?

It's rather difficult to "listen" to someone in a textual format,
numbnuts. Maybe they didn't cover critical thinking back at the
madrassa.

Geoff

Old January 2nd 05, 06:43 PM
Geoff Miller

Old January 2nd 05, 06:45 PM
Geoff Miller

Arif Khokar > writes:

> This isn't a binary group. Besides, my voice alone won't help you
> determine one way or the other (though the way I pronounce words
> would).

The way you pronounce words is an aspect of your voice that a
listener would note from a recording of your voice. Duh.

Geoff

Old January 2nd 05, 06:45 PM
Geoff Miller

Old January 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
Geoff Miller

Arif Khokar > writes:

> My uncle's family moved to the US about 10 years ago. His oldest child
> was around 7 at the time. You would not be able to tell that she was
> "foreign" by the way she speaks now.

> Therefore, accent alone does not prove whether one is "foreign" or not.

Then again, someone who's been here for a decade is no longer terribly
"foreign."

Geoff

Old January 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
Geoff Miller

Old January 2nd 05, 07:01 PM
Geoff Miller

Arif Khokar > wrote:

["Why do you hate white people?"]

>> Because many white people who are racist are downright stupid
>> and I dislike stupid people in general.

DTJ > responds:

> So then you really hate stupid people, not white people, which
> means you are clearly not a racist.

Not so fast. The question Arif was responding to was "Why do you
hate white people?" His answer clearly carried the implication
that white people are characteristically racist. Otherwise, why
would he have singled out "white people who are racist" rather
than addressing his comment to all people of whatever race who are
racist?

For that matter, how did white people even come up? Arif simply
took it as a given that "racist" == "white."

I've seen this same, revealing slip countless times on the Net:
somebody makes a disparaging comment about some ethnic group or
other, and just like clockwork, a member of that group (or of
some other minority group, in a display of united-front solidarity
among the "oppressed") will respond with an insult against white
people. The funny thing is, that person never has any particular
reason to believe that the original poster is white. It's just
assumed.

Geoff