Dodge Stealth engine shudders when under a load.

Old July 18th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

Default Dodge Stealth engine shudders when under a load.

Took it to the shop and they said it reads a misfire. They are waiting for
the gasket to the intake before they start.

KY

"Steve" > wrote in message
> KYHighlander wrote:
>
>> thanks. I appreciate it.
>>
>> there hasn't been a check engine light go off though.
>>
>> KY

> If the problem is strictly on the secondary (high voltage) side of the
> coils (ie a bad plug or wire) a pre- OBDII engine controller won't always
> detect it. Also, you CAN have internally set error codes that won't
> always trip a CEL, especially on pre- OBDII cars. And there are
> intermittent faults that might set a CEL, then it will go off on the next
> engine start but the code will be held in memory. Its always a good idea
> to start by checking codes. For the most part I'm a fan of older cars, but
> one thing I will credit newer computer-controlled cars with: they can tell
> you where it hurts a lot better than a set of breaker points and a
> carburetor!

How slowly can your engine idle stably ( w-o load / rocking ) ? TE Chea Technology 4 March 20th 07 11:31 PM
Dodge Stealth 92 information on car nadine langston Dodge 0 December 26th 05 01:15 AM
98 Tahoe -- "Shudders under load" Steve Cox 4x4 4 August 19th 05 06:20 AM
92 dodge stealth 92dodgestealth Dodge 4 May 30th 05 02:16 AM
91 Dodge Stealth ES Transmission... SeXy Bl0nDe BiTcH Dodge 0 January 3rd 05 11:10 PM