Looking for info

Old August 13th 04, 10:50 AM
Charlie Self

Default Looking for info

I'm looking for information on a variety of vehicles, including collectibles,
possibly antiques, restorations, customs and maybe some street rods.

Interest is primarily in the Southeast U.S., around Virginia, but south and
west of DC.

I need to put together a portfolio of vehicle photographs; owners of vehicles
photographed will get a CD of their car with 8 to 12 photos of the vehicle, at
no charge.

Answer here or email making the obvious changes.

Charlie Self

Old August 13th 04, 12:29 PM
Bob Paulin

Charlie Self > wrote in article
> I'm looking for information on a variety of vehicles, including

collectibles,
> possibly antiques, restorations, customs and maybe some street rods.
>
> Interest is primarily in the Southeast U.S., around Virginia, but south

and
> west of DC.
>
> I need to put together a portfolio of vehicle photographs; owners of

vehicles
> photographed will get a CD of their car with 8 to 12 photos of the

vehicle, at
> no charge.
>
> Answer here or email making the obvious changes.
>
> Charlie Self

Just curious.....

For what purposes will this portfolio be used?

--
Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E.
Race Car Chassis Analysis & Setup Services
Old August 13th 04, 02:14 PM
Charlie Self

Bob Paulin asks:

>> I'm looking for information on a variety of vehicles, including

>collectibles,
>> possibly antiques, restorations, customs and maybe some street rods.
>>
>> Interest is primarily in the Southeast U.S., around Virginia, but south

>and
>> west of DC.
>>
>> I need to put together a portfolio of vehicle photographs; owners of

>vehicles
>> photographed will get a CD of their car with 8 to 12 photos of the

>vehicle, at
>> no charge.

Sorry. I meant to put that in the first post. I will eventually query on photo
feature articles to various magazines, with the possibility (I hope the
probability) of using the same vehicles in the features.

To see what I do, please check: http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/page1.html

Old August 14th 04, 01:40 AM
Nate Nagel

Charlie Self wrote:
> I'm looking for information on a variety of vehicles, including collectibles,
> possibly antiques, restorations, customs and maybe some street rods.
>
> Interest is primarily in the Southeast U.S., around Virginia, but south and
> west of DC.
>
> I need to put together a portfolio of vehicle photographs; owners of vehicles
> photographed will get a CD of their car with 8 to 12 photos of the vehicle, at
> no charge.
>
> Answer here or email making the obvious changes.
>
> Charlie Self

see my web page (in .sig) if Studebakers interest you... I'm in Bowie, MD

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Old August 14th 04, 09:26 AM
Charlie Self

Nate Nagel responds:

>> I'm looking for information on a variety of vehicles, including

>collectibles,
>> possibly antiques, restorations, customs and maybe some street rods.
>>
>> Interest is primarily in the Southeast U.S., around Virginia, but south and
>> west of DC.
>>
>> I need to put together a portfolio of vehicle photographs; owners of

>vehicles
>> photographed will get a CD of their car with 8 to 12 photos of the vehicle,

>at
>> no charge.
>>
>> Answer here or email making the obvious changes.
>>
>> Charlie Self
>>

>see my web page (in .sig) if Studebakers interest you... I'm in Bowie, MD

I bookmarked that yesterday...it's a shade out of my range, but of interest
because my first car was a '50 Studebaker flathead 6, and my father was a
mechanic for Studebaker in Mt. Vernon, NY while I was in high school.

I used to be REALLY familiar with changing the rod bearings on that long,
flexible crankshaft.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary
Old August 15th 04, 01:35 AM
Refinish King

If I recall correctly:

Then the Studabaker dealer became the Dodge/Chrysler dealer, or was that the
one across the road that was the AMC dealer in later life?

I lived in the North East Bronx, right outside of Mt Vernon.

Refinish King

Old August 15th 04, 08:47 AM
Charlie Self

Refinish King responds:

>If I recall correctly:
>
>Then the Studabaker dealer became the Dodge/Chrysler dealer, or was that the
>one across the road that was the AMC dealer in later life?
>
>I lived in the North East Bronx, right outside of Mt Vernon.

Oddly enough, I never went to the dealership...and seldom went to Mt. Vernon,
though my parents were living there when I was born. We were living in
Katonah...actually, outside of town, on a dirt road whose name no longer
penetrates the age curtain.