crappy doors

Old January 16th 05, 04:11 AM
Tim Rogers

Default crappy doors

"sjck" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> This is the second vw that i have owned and I am having the same
> problem. The only difference is that my first Jetta was an 88 and my
> current passat is a 98. What I am finding and having a tough time with
> is the doors. How come German engineering can not perfect their door
> mechanics. All I want to be able to do is open my doors. Not just two
> of the four, but all of them. Why is this an issue? Talk to me,
> people, if you are having this problem with your VW.

...................Get a Honda.

Old January 16th 05, 04:34 AM
John Willis

On 15 Jan 2005 19:37:09 -0800, "sjck" > scribbled
this interesting note:

>This is the second vw that i have owned and I am having the same
>problem. The only difference is that my first Jetta was an 88 and my
>current passat is a 98. What I am finding and having a tough time with
>is the doors. How come German engineering can not perfect their door
>mechanics. All I want to be able to do is open my doors. Not just two
>of the four, but all of them. Why is this an issue? Talk to me,
>people, if you are having this problem with your VW.

Not having any problem with our 1959 Beetle. Nor any problem with our
other 1950 Beetle. Nor with our 1970 Beetle. Nor with our 1974 Thing.

Nope. No problems at all.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old January 16th 05, 04:50 AM
John Willis

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:34:18 -0600, John Willis
> scribbled this interesting note:

>On 15 Jan 2005 19:37:09 -0800, "sjck" > scribbled
>this interesting note:
>
>>This is the second vw that i have owned and I am having the same
>>problem. The only difference is that my first Jetta was an 88 and my
>>current passat is a 98. What I am finding and having a tough time with
>>is the doors. How come German engineering can not perfect their door
>>mechanics. All I want to be able to do is open my doors. Not just two
>>of the four, but all of them. Why is this an issue? Talk to me,
>>people, if you are having this problem with your VW.

>Not having any problem with our 1959 Beetle. Nor any problem with our
>other 1950 Beetle. Nor with our 1970 Beetle. Nor with our 1974 Thing.
>
>Nope. No problems at all.

Sould have read "Not having any problem with our 1959 Beetle. Nor any
problem with our other 1959 Beetle. Nor with our 1970 Beetle. Nor with
our 1974 Thing."

Old January 16th 05, 07:52 AM
Karl

Aircooled doors work better.
Perhaps if you asked them over at the watercooled newsgroup, they can answer your question?
Or leave the water out of your engine..... the doors may start working :]