Retrofitting MF Steering wheel and cruise control in a '96 e39

Old January 20th 05, 12:39 PM
Thomas Steen Petersen

Default Retrofitting MF Steering wheel and cruise control in a '96 e39

Hi All,

I have a e39 523i from 1996 (September). The car does not have cruise
control or multifunction steering wheel.
I wanted to have both installed in my car, so I contacted my local BMW
dealership. According to them, I can only get the cruise control with a
control arm sitting next to the windscreen wiper arm, and it is not possible
to retrofit the multifunction steering wheel.

I know that it was possible to get the car with the multifunction steering
wheel controlling the cruise control factory installed back in '96, so I
think it is strange why it shouldn't be possible to install it afterwards...

Any ideas/input? Is it true that this can not be done?

Any help and input is appreciated,
Thomas Petersen.

Old January 20th 05, 07:25 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

I would have thought to retrofit a multifunction steering wheel would need a
substantial amount of rewiring and I could imagine a dealership and
manufacturer declining to get involved.

DAS
---

"Thomas Steen Petersen" > wrote