GTR pit to car talk...

Old March 18th 05, 10:25 PM
DaveH-UK

Default GTR pit to car talk...

Hi...
Can anyone understand the mumbling pit crew messages over the in car pit
radio? I was part way through a 24hr Spa (off-line) race and running
3rd when I received (rx) a garbled message... which I could not
understand. Next lap I ran out of fuel at Blanchimont... D'oh! Ok, I
know I should have worked out the in-pit fuel stops/laps... but is there
any way to improve the 'pit speak'? Real racing drivers would have an
ear piece (or two) in there helmet's (painful, eh!), not a speaker on
the dash! With the pit talk mingled with all the other car sounds I
find it is difficult to hear what is said! A warning to stop for fuel
is a pretty important message... as I found out to my cost

Oh, incase I did'nt mention it... this is an awesome race sim; well done
SimBin...

DaveH-UK
Old March 18th 05, 11:36 PM
Dave Erb

Had the same problem compounded by the Other -Side-of-the-Atlantic accent.
Opened the gamedata/sounds/pit folder and found the offending files which
are all .wav files. Using the windows sound recorder applet I constructed my
own versions of the files, named them the same and then dropped them into
the pit folder as substitute (backup originals first) Now have my own voice
berating me for being an idiot for running out of gas and other assorted
errors. being in the middle of a nasty 2nd gear chicane is no place to be
wondering"what was that he said?"
Dave

Old March 19th 05, 12:22 AM
Tiny Lund

Don't know about the radio but there is a low fuel warning lamp on the dash.

Old March 19th 05, 12:58 AM
DaveH-UK

Aghhh... now that's the kinda fix I like Thanks Dave... brilliant
idea. I will get right on it. Did'nt realise there was a fuel
'warning' light on the dash either; thanks Tiny. Only had the sim for a
few days so I am still on a steep learn'in curve.

DaveH-UK

Old March 19th 05, 03:05 AM
Tiny Lund

You could try this GTR German-English Pit Radio patch, but I am not certain
it will work with 1.3.
http://www.m4driving.it/download/7866.html