2002 radio removal

Old March 18th 05, 03:43 PM
knagy389us

Default 2002 radio removal

My radio with the single CD player decided to not eject the last CD I
played. I guess I'll have to remove the radio and try to remove it that
way. Can someone tell me how to get the radio out? I poked around a bit,
but didn't want to break the surrounding plastic.

Thanks
Ken
'02 XLS

Old March 18th 05, 04:35 PM
Bill Jeffrey

Ken -

Within the last 6 months, someone named Mike, IIRC, posted pictures on
his website showing how to do this. Unfortuantely, I can't find the
link, and Google Groups search doesn't seem to come up with his post.
Perhaps he will see your request and post again.

HOWEVER - before he posted his nice tutorial, I had to remove the
radio/6-CD from the dash of my 02 Explorer. I was able to do it quite
easily using a PLASTIC (not metal) putty knife with a 1-1/2" wide blade.
Simply insert the blade firmly into the seam, halfway up either side
of the surround, and pry the surround gently out. The surround is held
in place with snap-in fittings, and with gentle pressure they will pop
out. As I recall, there are 6 snaps - 4 at the corners, and 2 midway up
the sides. By starting at the sides, where the seam is straight, you
minimize the chance of nicking the plastic with the corner of the putty
knife.

HTH

Bill Jeffrey
=====================

Old March 18th 05, 07:39 PM
syclone

Go to this site.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...erSportStr.htm

Sy Cohen

Old March 18th 05, 08:14 PM
knagy389us

Thanks, I don't have the DIN holes, but I found the correct link on the
originating page. It was as Bill said, just pry off the panel ever so
carefully.

Radio removal A4 Bear Audi 10 July 1st 09 10:23 PM
BMW 5 series (E39) business radio removal TrueBlue BMW 5 June 20th 05 02:30 PM
Mazda Protogege Radio Removal [email protected] Technology 9 February 18th 05 05:15 AM
2004 TJ Radio Removal? Intergate Jeep 2 February 10th 05 02:52 AM
99 Gr Voyager Radio Removal Problem [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 26th 05 07:05 PM