Battery conditioner - where in UK

Old January 6th 05, 05:14 PM
Hugh

Default Battery conditioner - where in UK

Hi All

Our MX5 struggles in winter through lack of use from time to time.

Where can I get a good battery conditioner to leave on all the time?

I ordered one from AirFlow early in December but had to cancel because they
still cannot give a supply date.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hugh

PLEASE REPLY TO GROUP

Old January 6th 05, 09:47 PM
Morien Morgan

I use an Optimate for my thre bikes and MX5. For a little over £30 they're
great value. Search Opimate on Google and you'll get the manufacturer and
suppliers.
Morien (Wales)

Old January 7th 05, 01:47 AM
Michael Davison

Hugh,
If you're parking your MX5 in the dark I probably can't help,... but
there are some interesting solar pannels that Maplin sell to leave on
your dashboard - plugged into the Cigar Lighter. They trickle charge
batteries.

My MX5's parked outside, so I'll get one if I find the battery isn't
staying charged over the rest of winter. But I haven't tried using one
yet, so I can't really comment on their effectiveness.

Hope that's some help,

Michael

Old January 7th 05, 04:31 AM
Larry Gadbois

The MX5 Cigar Lighter is disconnected with the ignition switch in the off
position.

"Michael Davison" > wrote in message
> Hugh,
> If you're parking your MX5 in the dark I probably can't help,... but there
> are some interesting solar pannels that Maplin sell to leave on your
> dashboard - plugged into the Cigar Lighter. They trickle charge batteries.
>
> My MX5's parked outside, so I'll get one if I find the battery isn't
> staying charged over the rest of winter. But I haven't tried using one
> yet, so I can't really comment on their effectiveness.
>
> Hope that's some help,
>
> Michael
>
> Hugh wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Our MX5 struggles in winter through lack of use from time to time.
>>
>> Where can I get a good battery conditioner to leave on all the time?
>>
>> I ordered one from AirFlow early in December but had to cancel because
>> they still cannot give a supply date.
>>
>> Thanks in anticipation.
>>
>> Hugh
>>
>> PLEASE REPLY TO GROUP

Battery replacement comments and questions Tom's VR6 VW water cooled 1 November 12th 04 06:12 PM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 10:54 PM
Dead Battery current leak Jeremy Saturn 3 July 1st 04 07:54 PM
Replacing Corroded Battery Cables for SL1 2000 Chris Gutierrez Saturn 2 June 28th 04 03:40 AM
Why Won't a Frozen Battery Start a Vehicle. Denny B General 1 January 30th 04 02:48 AM