1998 Honda Accord V6

Old December 28th 04, 05:11 PM

Default 1998 Honda Accord V6

Hi,

I have a 1998 Honda accord v6. It's has an automatic transmission.

When i race the engine on a freeway, i can feel the gears changing. Is
this normal? if not what could be the problem.

Ritesh N.

Old December 28th 04, 05:54 PM
Dick

When you say you "race the engine", what do you mean? If you mean you
press on the gas pedal, and feel the transmission shifting down into a
lower gear, that is normal depending upon how hard you push.

Old December 28th 04, 10:40 PM

Yeah if i press on the gas pedal hard, i can feel the transmission
shifting.. Just would like to know if this is normal or not.

Also anyideas on what is the miles per gallon an accord ex v6 gives..

ritesh

Old December 29th 04, 04:14 PM

I'm getting around 17mpg.

Is there anything i need to check to see why i am getting such low
mileage.

Ritesh

Old December 29th 04, 04:38 PM
Dick

The first thing to look at is your driving style. Then the mix of
city/country driving. One thing most people don't realize is that the
more you use your brakes, the worse your gas mileage will be. Brakes
use up horsepower in the form of heat. The more heat you burn off,
the more engine horsepower it takes to create the need to dump heat.
If you are the type that accelerates hard in traffic, followed by hard
braking, you are going to get a lot worse mileage than someone who
drives more moderately. There is not much you can do from a
mechanical or electrical standpoint other than check the air filter to
make sure it is clean.

Dick

On 29 Dec 2004 07:14:32 -0800, wrote:

>I'm getting around 17mpg.
>
>Is there anything i need to check to see why i am getting such low
>mileage.
>
>Ritesh

Add Navigation to 2003 Honda Accord LX Rich Honda 1 December 23rd 04 10:17 PM
new Honda Accord Vs old Honda Accord PD Honda 9 October 21st 04 05:21 AM
Why Are Honda CR-V's Catching Fire? Sparky Honda 4 October 19th 04 05:35 PM
1998 Accord EX JohnMc Honda 1 October 12th 04 01:26 AM
2001 Honda accord and Viper alarm albert Honda 1 September 29th 04 03:11 AM