HOW DO YOU TURN ON FOG LAMPS 2002 FORD EXPLORER XLT?

Old December 17th 04, 12:09 AM
Larry Lojack

On my 2003 Explorer Sport the "fog lights" are automatically turned off
whenever I engage the high beams. Like most of you I rarely use the
fog lights and get tired of people blinding me with theirs.
Old December 17th 04, 03:06 AM
Jim Warman

Ummm ...." The foglights automatically turn off when high beams are
selected..." sounds about right....

Old December 17th 04, 12:49 PM
C. E. White

Whoops, I read it wrong, sorry. Need better glasses.

Ed

Old December 17th 04, 02:09 PM
Jim Warman

I'd lend you mine but I seem to need them more and more as time goes by....
biggest problem is when I need them at home, they're usually perched on the
side of the toolbox...... when I need them at work they're on top of my
desk....

Old December 24th 04, 04:16 AM
Don-Don

I have a few questions. I leave my fog lights on most of the time. I
guess I never really thought about others being irritated by them. I
have been the lead car in front of my own vehicle and they seem
directed downward that they really aren't bright. I leave them on
mainly driving in the city because I have cars that pull out in front
of me from parking lots or side roads and I would rather make sure
that they see me (kinda like the daytime running lights theory - which
I don't really buy into personally).

Second question: what is "top posting"?

Happy Holidays!

Thanks,
Don C

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:57:03 -0500, "C. E. White"

Old December 25th 04, 06:22 AM
Jim Warman

I'm a top poster.... been doing it since 1993 and I can't see myself
stopping it anytime soon. I get to see the reply right away and if I need
educating, I can scroll down. Others frown on the practice, preferring to
scroll through multiple kb of drivel to find "Me too" bottom posted - after
several pages of unsnipped crap.

As for the fog lights..... we all assume that others live in identical
bodies to ours. I'm an old guy.... I wear sunglasses a lot.. even at night
depending on conditions and traffic. I can't hear worth **** because my
chosen profession has delivered a really nifty condition called tinnitus....
some nights, it's so bad I'm surprised Mrs mechanic can't hear it. Old age
and, perhaps, continuous exposure to off-beat chemicals, has left my
eyesight less than great. We have a lot of motorists that try to impress us
all because they have factory foglights..... These things shine in an old
guys peepers bad enough to set up a tragedy. If someone is approaching you
and finds your fog lights offensive, they will flash their high beams at
you. You, forgetting the fog lights, will flash your high beams back.
Nothing gained .... however, the fog light guy will be branded a dick (
rightfully so). As responsible adults, we must be conscious of the effects
that our actions have on others.

Wouldn't it be nifty if the guy coming at you has poor vision, a dirty
windshield and can't see squat because you are using your lamps in a manner
other than what was intended (they are called "fog" lamps).... and runs
smack into you.

Driving down the road is NOT all about me.... it IS all about US. Safe
motoring is all about teamwork amongst people that will never, ever meet
each other. "loose cannons" that disregard common courtesy set us up for a
real bad night.

Turn off the foglights and have a safe and merry Xmas

news

Old December 25th 04, 06:37 PM
Hairy

"Don-Don" > wrote

I leave them on
> mainly driving in the city because I have cars that pull out in front
> of me from parking lots or side roads and I would rather make sure
> that they see me (kinda like the daytime running lights theory - which
> I don't really buy into personally).

Am I the only one to see the contradiction, here?

Old December 25th 04, 09:53 PM
Hairy

(see index)
then fry or bake.
Set aside to drain on paper towels.
Make a roux with butter, oil and flour,
brown vegetables in the roux, then add chicken stock and
allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the patties or stuffed heads, and some loose crawfish,
lobster, long piglet, or what have you.
Cook on low for 15 minutes, then allow it to set for at least
15 minutes more.
Serve over steamed rice; this dish is very impressive!

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Babies really can be found under a cabbage leaf -
or one can arrange for ground beef to be found there instead.

8 large cabbage leaves
1 lb. lean ground newborn human filets, or ground chuck
Onions
peppers
celery
garlic
soy sauce
salt pepper, etc
Olive oil
breadcrumbs
Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften.
In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil,
then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely)
and season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the

Old December 26th 04, 12:13 AM
Jim Warman

season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy,
enough to make the mixture pliable.
Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll.
Place seam down in a baking pan.
Ladle tomato gravy on top,
and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child,
so why not consume it?
Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts)
4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese
Flour
eggwash (milk and eggs)
seasoned bread crumbs
1 onion
minced
salt
pepper
butter
olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical
cords so they won?t be tough).
Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion
then fold in half, trimming neatly.
Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs;
allow to sit for a few minutes.
Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown,
about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb,
poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans
are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)
1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery
Onions
bell peppers
Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight.
Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and
fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers.
Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats.
Grill to medium rare,
serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus.
Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port.

Old December 26th 04, 10:56 PM
Jim Warman

Nope... there's no contradiction here.... more like a real, heavy-duty,
died-in-the-wool, certified brain fart..... Much better to blind someone
since we can be sure that the other motorists SAW us at least for a split
second. That way it makes it much harder for them to aim at us with any
accuracy. Besides, it's much better to have lights on than to ummmm,
errrrr...... have lights on, I guess.

I don't understand the reluctance some have to have DRLs or the downright
dislike that some have of them. They are an innocuous device, relatively
trouble free and are proven to reduce daytime MVAs (
http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/DRLs/studies.htm
http://www.iihs.org/safety_facts/qanda/drl.htm
http://www.mynrma.com.au/safety_drl.asp and on, ad infinitum).