Mitchell on Demand Vs ALL Data - Price

Old May 3rd 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Mitchell on Demand Vs ALL Data - Price

We're a small gas station down in Va and I was wondering if anyone has
experience using either Mitchell or Alldata. Mitchell is the one that
I've used in the past, but the price is way too high. Is All data is
any cheaper?

Old May 3rd 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Mitchell is very hard to navigate and find info.
oups.com...

Old May 3rd 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> We're a small gas station down in Va and I was wondering if anyone has
> experience using either Mitchell or Alldata. Mitchell is the one that
> I've used in the past, but the price is way too high. Is All data is
> any cheaper?

I have had shops tell me that they will meet each others price if you have
them bid against each other.

I have both, but the students tend to gravitate to the ALLDATA. They find it
easier. I guess it depends on what you get used to. I find the Mitchell more
informative and better wiring diagrams, but I always get a quick and
accurate response from ALLDATA when I fax them for information than I can't
find in their DATA. Usually about a fifteen to thirty minute response time.
It's really nice to have both.<grin>

--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old May 3rd 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I agree with Kevin on this one. AllData is quite a bit easier to learn
and to navigate, although they aren't always consistent about where
they put certain information. I've also had plenty of trouble finding
certain info on Mitchell that I've found instantly on AllData, but then
there are things that I can't find on either. They both have their ups
and downs, personally I would go with AllData.

--
boarder_punk
boarder_punk's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=449696

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old May 4th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

most tech's i know go for mitchell... and i have to agree...the wiring
diagrams are way better in mitchell ...and that's what I want the most

Old March 24th 16, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Wednesday, May 3, 2006 at 8:42:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> We're a small gas station down in Va and I was wondering if anyone has
> experience using either Mitchell or Alldata. Mitchell is the one that
> I've used in the past, but the price is way too high. Is All data is
> any cheaper?

If you are looking for ALLDATA and want to see a demo of it call me 916-478-3383. We have a mobile scanner now and we also have a tech hotline 855-461-5957.

-Joe