98 jetta headlight switch removal

Old April 10th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 98 jetta headlight switch removal

I want to replace the keyless remote module in my 98 jetta gl and need
to pull out the headlight switch. I took out the little plastic panel
to the left of the switch and three screws. It still feels stuck on the
right hand side and I didn't want to break plastic twisting it out
before checking here. Is there another screw, and how do I get to it?
Thanks, Tom

Old April 10th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Posted my question too quickly since I just found that the switch pops
out easily by pushing the rear corners; the screws are holding the trim
around the swtich and the 4th screw is behind the switch. The trim may
not need to be removed. I'm new at this obviously and am working from
the instructions in this link: http://matndahat.dhs.org/jetta/rke.htm
in case anyone else needs them. Ordered a module and two key fobs from
http://www.parts4vws.com/

Old April 12th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

How much did you pay for the module and keyfobs? I have a 95 GTI and would
love to have the remote unlocking functions. Thanks.

oups.com...