Alfa 147 - Double beep when arming alarm.

Old June 18th 04, 07:55 PM
Ash

Default Alfa 147 - Double beep when arming alarm.

Hi,

I understand the double beeps signify a fault with the alarm. Anyone know
how to diagnose the fault ?

TIA,
Ash

Old June 18th 04, 08:06 PM
Pete

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:55:38 +0100, "Ash" >, wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I understand the double beeps signify a fault with the alarm. Anyone know
>how to diagnose the fault ?
>
>TIA,
>Ash

One Bleep when you fire the key to Lock
Two Bleeps when you Unlock,
YMMV, but that is how our cars work.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old June 18th 04, 08:32 PM
Tony Rickard

> >I understand the double beeps signify a fault with the alarm. Anyone know
> >how to diagnose the fault ?
> >
> >TIA,
> >Ash
> >

> One Bleep when you fire the key to Lock
> Two Bleeps when you Unlock,
> YMMV, but that is how our cars work.

Second beep on arming means usually means something is open. Occasionally my
156 beeps a second time. Opening and closing the boot usually sorts it...

Old June 19th 04, 09:52 AM
Ash

I tried opening and closing doors....but no joy, still beeps twice.

I read in the manual that when arming the alarm, the LED on the key fob
should blink several times. Mine doesn't, it just blinks once even though
its I've put in a new battery.

Old June 19th 04, 12:30 PM
Alfistagj

This sounds as you are trying to lock the doors/booth and it fails doing so.
That's the same for the electronics as "opening" which gives 2 bleeps.
Usually the booth lid lock is the cause.
Open the booth, take a screw driver (or a thin finger) and push the turning
part of the lock in the lid FULLY in until it locks mechanically (you can
always unlock it again by pushing the metal part next to the sliding/turning
part)
You should also notice that the booth light will switch off.
This is the signal for the central locking system that the booth lid is
closed.
Then push the lock button of your remote and see what happens.
By the way, if this is the case, you usually will also have the warning
light on your dash indicating an open booth whereas is reality it is locked!
Good luck.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Old June 20th 04, 01:27 PM
Ash

thanks for the info...but what do you mean by "booth" ?

Old June 20th 04, 02:26 PM
Pete

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:27:10 +0100, "Ash" >, wrote:

>thanks for the info...but what do you mean by "booth" ?

BOOT - Trunk, the bit at the back where the spare is <G>

Pete

Old June 21st 04, 07:55 AM
Ash

I tied this..but still no joy.

I've also just read that when disarming the alarm and not opening any doors,
the doors should automatically lock after 60 seconds. Mine doesn't.

Time for the dealership I think.

Old June 21st 04, 11:44 AM
has.mac

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:27:10 +0100, "Ash" >, wrote:
>
> >thanks for the info...but what do you mean by "booth" ?

> BOOT - Trunk, the bit at the back where the spare is <G>

Also check bonnet is shut. There is a microswitch inside the bonnet catch
which will cause the second beep if the bonnet isn't shut properly.

has.mac