2002 Dodge Stratus

Old June 3rd 05, 05:02 PM
Sherry S via CarKB.com

Default 2002 Dodge Stratus

Does anyone know how a 2002 Dodge Status with approximately 48,000 miles on
it would get a hole in the transfer case and need a new transmission??????
Old June 3rd 05, 06:04 PM
rob

run over a rock or other debri in the road?

Old June 3rd 05, 08:13 PM
Sherry S via CarKB.com

I do not recall running over anything yesterday. It is in the shop now and
the mechanic said that either something hit it or it wore out. I am
waiting for the inspector from my extended warranty company to check it out
and find out if it is going to be covered.

I was just curious to see if anyone else had this same problem and how
likely it is that it just wore out.

Old June 3rd 05, 09:37 PM
rob

where do you live? don't get too accurate just a state will do

I am an inspector by trade and I'm curious if its in my area of Colorado

Old June 3rd 05, 09:51 PM
maxpower

"Sherry S via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know how a 2002 Dodge Status with approximately 48,000 miles

on
> it would get a hole in the transfer case and need a new transmission??????

That depends on if the hole was produced from the inside out or outside in.
If the pinion shaft came out of the differential case while driving, that
could have caused severe damage to the transmission case , and it has
happened before, it will cause a nice hole in the transmission case. The
inspector would be able to tell this. Then of course if you hit something in
the road,, it would be road damage from the outside in.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech (my opinion)

Old June 3rd 05, 11:23 PM
Dan C

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:13:00 +0000, Sherry S via CarKB.com wrote:

> I was just curious to see if anyone else had this same problem and how
> likely it is that it just wore out.

It most definitely did not "just wear out"...

Linux Registered User #327951

Old June 4th 05, 01:14 AM
James C. Reeves

Something kicked up and hit it. I had a 1984 Escort wagon several years
where road debris punched a hole clean through the floorboard.

Old June 6th 05, 03:24 PM
Sherry S via CarKB.com

I live in Florida

Old June 6th 05, 03:26 PM
Sherry S via CarKB.com

Thank you for eveyones responses, I just hope that the inspector checks it
out today and says that it is covered under warranty. I do not have
$2,500.00 to $3,000.00 to fix it.

Old June 6th 05, 09:08 PM
rob

if you ran over something the warranty wont cover it......

your insurance might however