95 ESCORT AUTO TRANS NOT PUMPING FLUID TO COOLER LINES...

Old April 14th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
[email protected]

Default 95 ESCORT AUTO TRANS NOT PUMPING FLUID TO COOLER LINES...

Instead of dropping the pan, I disconnect the cooling hose to the
radiator and pump out 3-4 quarts of dirty fluid. This has worked fine
on all my cars. Now, with a car I just bought, no fluid is pumping
out to the radiator. I did drop the pan and change the filter. The
fluid was a very dark brown. Shifts in all gears, but car doesn't
move under 1,500 RPM.

Has anyone had any experience working on/fixing transmissions who
might offer suggestions? Thanks!
Old April 18th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Jackson Black

Sorry- I"m stumped.

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:17:41 -0700 (PDT), "

Old April 19th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Refinish King[_2_]

More than likely the governor is sticking.

Best answer I can offer.

RK

Old April 19th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
[email protected]

On Apr 18, 9:38*pm, "Refinish King" > wrote:
> More than likely the governor is sticking.
>
> Best answer I can offer.
>
> RK"Jackson Black" > wrote in message

> > Sorry- I"m stumped.

> > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:17:41 -0700 (PDT), "
> > > wrote:

> >>Instead of dropping the pan, I disconnect the cooling hose to the
> >>radiator and pump out 3-4 quarts of dirty fluid. *This has worked fine
> >>on all my cars. *Now, with a car I just bought, no fluid is pumping
> >>out to the radiator. *I did drop the pan and change the filter. *The
> >>fluid was a very dark brown. *Shifts in all gears, but car doesn't
> >>move under 1,500 RPM.

> >>Has anyone had any experience working on/fixing transmissions who
> >>might offer suggestions? *Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Where is the governor located? Is it serviceable in-car? What does
the governor do?
Thanks.