Questions on Impala VIN and a "Macho 2+2"

Old November 10th 03, 09:14 PM
John Alt

Default Questions on Impala VIN and a "Macho 2+2"

First of all, my father just bought a car from about the mid 70's called
a Macho 2+2. The front grill and fenders resemble a Bearcat or an early
MG. The rear is more like a jeep. It was apparently built in limited
numbers, maybe 300 or so, in Florida. One rumor has it they were
built to race or play on the beaches of Daytona. All this knowledge is
3rd or 4th hand at best. I don't know anything more about the car, other
than that it carries a Chevy VIN number:

D59J300417

From the looks of it, I believe it to be a 59 Impala frame. I haven't
found anything on the kit car pages, and I don't believe they were sold
as such. Does anyone have any info on these? I've tried many variations
of macho and Chevy and other words on Google, but came up with nothing.
Thanks