1967 Mustang - help me identifying approx build date

Old July 11th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Vincenty

Default 1967 Mustang - help me identifying approx build date

Hi all,

I have a 1967 Mustang convertible. I am not the original owner.
Unfortunately the driver's door was replace along with the data plate. So,
I do not have a build date for my Mustang. What I have learned (if this is
really true) is that 1967 Mustang built before Feb 1967 have the
front-to-rear brake line running in the tranmission/drive shaft tunnel.
Mine does indeed run in the transmission/driveshaft tunnel. Can any body
confirm whether this is really true?

Now, my Warranty Number is: 7T03C265910

From this number I have learned that my Mustang is a 1967 model (code 7),
was built in Metuchen NJ (code T), is indeed a convertible (code 03), has
the 289 2v V8 (code C). Ok. Now my Unit number if 265910. From what I
have read, the unit number was assigned in sequence as the vehicle left the
assembly line. Here is what I have read:

"Mustangs and Falcons, and Fairlanes were assembled on the same assembly
line beginning with #100001 each model year. Units were consecutively
numbered regardless of model with various assembly plants receiving blocks
of numbers."

I know this is a long shot... so...if someone else has a 1967 built in
Metuchen NJ and knows their build date and unit number I could use this
information to help me get an idea as to the build date for my vehicle. Can
anybody offer up this info.

Also, I do have my Buck plate on the drivers inner fender. I can decode
part of this information but not all of it. Does anybody want to take a
shot at it a see if they can identify a build date from this information?
Here it is:

D94
26 F7 7T03C265910
76A D 2A
4SPEED TOP-2

Thanks in advance!

mpv

Old July 11th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Laurie S.

"Michael Vincenty" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a 1967 Mustang convertible. I am not the original owner.
> Unfortunately the driver's door was replace along with the data plate.
> So, I do not have a build date for my Mustang. What I have learned (if
> this is really true) is that 1967 Mustang built before Feb 1967 have the
> front-to-rear brake line running in the tranmission/drive shaft tunnel.
> Mine does indeed run in the transmission/driveshaft tunnel. Can any body
> confirm whether this is really true?
>
> Now, my Warranty Number is: 7T03C265910
>
> From this number I have learned that my Mustang is a 1967 model (code 7),
> was built in Metuchen NJ (code T), is indeed a convertible (code 03), has
> the 289 2v V8 (code C). Ok. Now my Unit number if 265910. From what I
> have read, the unit number was assigned in sequence as the vehicle left
> the assembly line. Here is what I have read:
>
> "Mustangs and Falcons, and Fairlanes were assembled on the same assembly
> line beginning with #100001 each model year. Units were consecutively
> numbered regardless of model with various assembly plants receiving blocks
> of numbers."
>
> I know this is a long shot... so...if someone else has a 1967 built in
> Metuchen NJ and knows their build date and unit number I could use this
> information to help me get an idea as to the build date for my vehicle.
> Can anybody offer up this info.
>
> Also, I do have my Buck plate on the drivers inner fender. I can decode
> part of this information but not all of it. Does anybody want to take a
> shot at it a see if they can identify a build date from this information?
> Here it is:
>
> D94
> 26 F7 7T03C265910
> 76A D 2A
> 4SPEED TOP-2
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> mpv

First of all, the build date on your data plate rarely is the actual date
the car was built. In the case of my 68 fastback, it's 17 days off, and
with my coupe, 4 days off. Since you have the VIN, I would suggest you
invest $20 or so and get a Marti report. It will provide you with all the
ordering info on your car, including the exact build date.

www.martiauto.com

Laurie S.
Thunder Snake #7