01 Sebring Radio Issue HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 17th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 01 Sebring Radio Issue HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2001 Sebring with 60K miles and the radio went out. First it would
cut out then come back on the next day, so I thought elec. short but presets
and time was not lost while radio was not working for that day. No buttons
would work only the EQ lights would blink continuously. I used to be able to
pull the radio fuse and put it back in and the radio would work until I shut
off the car. Once the car was turned off again no buttons will work and only
the EQ lights blink. No one can figure out this issue however here is a link
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...&start=0&num=3
to others who have the same problem with same year. Replacing radio only
temporarily fixes the issue, six month later the after market radio is not
working as well. I find it hard to believe that both radios went bad,
dealership can not come up with any other solutions...

Please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going nuts without a radio.

Chris

Old March 17th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"chrisparr" > wrote in message
> I have a 2001 Sebring with 60K miles and the radio went out. First it

would
> cut out then come back on the next day, so I thought elec. short but

presets
> and time was not lost while radio was not working for that day. No buttons
> would work only the EQ lights would blink continuously. I used to be able

> pull the radio fuse and put it back in and the radio would work until I

shut
> off the car. Once the car was turned off again no buttons will work and

only
> the EQ lights blink. No one can figure out this issue however here is a

link

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...&start=0&num=3
> to others who have the same problem with same year. Replacing radio only
> temporarily fixes the issue, six month later the after market radio is not
> working as well. I find it hard to believe that both radios went bad,
> dealership can not come up with any other solutions...
>
> Please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going nuts without a radio.
>
> Chris

Well if you have power to both red wires going into the radio (key on) and a
good ground you can believe that both radios are bad.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 19th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

My sisters went out hers the first 6 months. Same year you have, first ate a
tape and then just blasted the sound with no way to shut it off. Dealer did
a swap with a new one under warranty. Never was a issue again after that.