Door Dings make me so mad!

Old February 3rd 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Door Dings make me so mad!

I have a Volvo S60 that I just got several months ago. Unfortunatly I
park in a HIGH SCHOOL parking lot. I have counted over 8 door dings on
my car and it really makes me angry!! Does anyone know what I should do
to prevent such things from happening? I can't park far away because
the entire gets full anyway. I have a car cover, but I still think
people can ding your car with it on. What I was thinking of was
this... put my camcorder in the car and put it so that I can record any
kind of activity going on outside of my car. If I see my car get
dinged, than I can see who dinged my car. But to be fair, I would post
a sign on my car saying... "you ding my car, you pay for it -- smile,
your on camera" What do you guys think?

Old February 3rd 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> You know the answer. Drive a junker and you won't care about such
> things. Stop being a loser who needs an expensive status symbol to
> feel good about yourself.

POS junkers like yours spew 50 times the crap into the air than his
S60. He's obviously more considerate and concerned for air quality
than you are.

Old February 5th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

thanks Larry, I appreciate it

Old December 11th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH wrote:

wrote in news:1138925726.625591.231490
:

>>>I have a Volvo S60 that I just got several months ago. Unfortunatly I
>>>park in a HIGH SCHOOL parking lot. I have counted over 8 door dings on
>>>my car and it really makes me angry!

>>Does the school have a metal shop?
>>
>>Some heavy bits of polished or coated (think GunKote or DuraCoat) steel
>>replacing the usual rubber trim, with a nice sawtooth pattern cut into the
>>edges could easily be made that would hurt others' doors much worse while
>>still not being too much of a danger to a passing pedestrian.
>>
>>Personally, I've thought about just replacing the rubber part of the trim
>>with 80-grit sandpaper.

> The answer is drive a beater. Save on money and headaches.

I agree so far.

> Be smart like me.

Is that like being competent like Bush?

> PS - I go out of my way to ding expensive cars, esp if it's one of
> those troop-killing SUVs that all the highway terrorists love.

And I'll go out of the way to punch you in your annoying little face if
I ever catch you dinging my car. Fair enough?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel