sillybugger pricing

Old June 3rd 05, 10:31 PM
DougW

Default sillybugger pricing

Ok.. my story on stealerships.

I need about 18 new plastic popthingies that
hold on the door plastic. The old ones are
breaking and the door squeeks.

Dealer cost 2.25 EACH!
my discount dealer cost 1.80 each...

All that money for the most complicated and
high tech piece of plastic ever created.
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/door-tree.jpg

A teeny friggin spot of yellow injection molded
plastic made by the millions probably in China.

Bulk from thecliplink.com, ..get this..
A box of 50 for 6$

They also have the headlight adjusters and
other fiddly bits. Downside is a 20$ min
order, but I just picked up a selection of
most every plastic connector the ZJ uses.

--
DougW

Old June 3rd 05, 10:39 PM
Dave Milne

The dealer sticks the bigger and more expensive ones up your arse ...

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old June 3rd 05, 11:44 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

My plastic door panels break where the clips fit too, so I just use
silicone like we use for bath room caulking:
http://www.billhughes.com/siliconeII.jpg Just use a little masking tape
to hole it temporarily. And just pulls loose if I have to get in there
again. Dampens the extra vibrations form those two hundred watt speaker
we put in there
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 4th 05, 12:13 AM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> My plastic door panels break where the clips fit too, so I just use
> silicone like we use for bath room caulking:
> http://www.billhughes.com/siliconeII.jpg Just use a little masking tape
> to hole it temporarily. And just pulls loose if I have to get in there
> again. Dampens the extra vibrations form those two hundred watt speaker
> we put in there

Usually I just plasticweld cracks (looks like a large hotmelt gluegun)
but the little tree/door pops should be cheap enough to just replace
when they bust. It's not like the ZJ is a rare vehicle. Heck, in my
old truck I just used long sheet metal screws and cone washers.

--
DougW

Old June 4th 05, 10:26 AM
Coasty

I just bought some at the local ACE hardware for 30 cents each. I do not
know about other ACE stores but this one has one isle alone of SST
fasteners, and just about every type of plastic auto fastener there is.
They have been my one stop shop for all fasteners they even carry grade 8
and 9 bolts of every head type. Also, they carry the dreaded metric
fasteners too. They have a total of 3 isles over 30 feet long it is
fastener heaven.

--
Coasty
Semper Paratus

Old June 4th 05, 03:13 PM
DougW

Coasty did pass the time by typing:
> I just bought some at the local ACE hardware for 30 cents each. I do not
> know about other ACE stores but this one has one isle alone of SST
> fasteners, and just about every type of plastic auto fastener there is.
> They have been my one stop shop for all fasteners they even carry grade 8
> and 9 bolts of every head type. Also, they carry the dreaded metric
> fasteners too. They have a total of 3 isles over 30 feet long it is
> fastener heaven.

I usually check Ace/Westlake Hardware but the one by me doesn't seem to
carry much in the plastic fastner lines. They do real good on bolts and
have a huge selection of shiny stainless under lock and key.

Even the local NAPA didn't have a match. :/ Oh well, I'll have plenty now.

--
DougW

Old June 4th 05, 08:09 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I thought it was you that gave me this site:
http://www.northlandfasteners.com/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 4th 05, 08:15 PM
DougW

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:
> I thought it was you that gave me this site:
> http://www.northlandfasteners.com/

Might have.. I was doing the search and ordering from
work.. don't have all my links synched with that computer.

Old June 5th 05, 12:28 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

"DougW" > wrote in message

> Bulk from thecliplink.com, ..get this..
> A box of 50 for 6$

Sure but are they "Trail Rated"?

-Brian

Old June 5th 05, 02:14 AM
DougW

Cherokee-Ltd did pass the time by typing:
> "DougW" > wrote in message
>>
>> Bulk from thecliplink.com, ..get this..
>> A box of 50 for 6$
>>

> Sure but are they "Trail Rated"?

--
DougW

EC pricing for Town & Country and PT Cruiser JM Chrysler 0 May 27th 05 06:04 AM
Used Car Pricing M Chrysler 4 May 18th 05 09:34 PM
How do they come up with Used Car pricing guides dc General 8 February 1st 05 02:53 PM
Any Audi dealers offer invoice pricing? US-specific Me Audi 0 December 14th 04 07:22 AM
'04 Jetta pricing - good or bad deal? Kevin Gibbons General 0 May 25th 04 10:24 AM