Has this newsgroup died?

Old May 18th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
cant_believe_you_asked_this[_2_]

Default Has this newsgroup died?

I haven't seen ANYTHING posted here since the 13th. Have things been
extremely quiet or is there a problem with my news server. If the
latter is the problem, I guess I'll never see any replies confirming it.

Oh well.........................

Old May 19th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Beryl[_4_]

cant_believe_you_asked_this wrote:
> I haven't seen ANYTHING posted here since the 13th. Have things been
> extremely quiet or is there a problem with my news server. If the
> latter is the problem, I guess I'll never see any replies confirming it.
>
> Oh well.........................

Yeah, the 13th. I have a Dodge truck, but I drove my dad's '98 Explorer
160 miles yesterday. 100*F weather, and the A/C still blows frosty on
it's original charge. Wilshire Blvd through Beverly Hills is rough.
Old May 19th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ulysses[_2_]

"cant_believe_you_asked_this" > wrote in message
> I haven't seen ANYTHING posted here since the 13th. Have things been
> extremely quiet or is there a problem with my news server. If the
> latter is the problem, I guess I'll never see any replies confirming it.
>
> Oh well.........................

It's not your server it's just that everyone's Explorers have all been fixed
and everything is just perfect now.

Old May 19th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
trailer[_2_]

or traded, or wrecked. or....

.. .

Old May 20th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_3_]

When I had my '92 Explorer, I had a lot of problems to talk about,
same with my '99. Now I have an '05 and have had very little to
discuss with the group. My opinion is that quality has gotten much
better and there is less reason to ask advice. Another possible
reason is that it is not much of an option to do your own work now.
Too many special tools and knowledge required.

On Mon, 19 May 2008 20:13:39 GMT, "trailer" > wrote:

>or traded, or wrecked. or....

. ..

Old May 20th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
trailer[_2_]

pretty much agree with what you say, but not sure about the quality since I
don't have a later model.

I recently traded my 2000 Limited. Although I kind of miss the car, I had a
lot of problems when I purchased it (new). It was just a hassle to keep
returning to dealer to fix this, fix that, etc., although the dealer was
pretty good.

I decided to pass on Ford this time-now driving a Honda.

"Big Shoe" > wrote in message
When I had my '92 Explorer, I had a lot of problems to talk about,
same with my '99. Now I have an '05 and have had very little to
discuss with the group. My opinion is that quality has gotten much
better and there is less reason to ask advice. Another possible
reason is that it is not much of an option to do your own work now.
Too many special tools and knowledge required.

On Mon, 19 May 2008 20:13:39 GMT, "trailer" > wrote:

>or traded, or wrecked. or....

. ..

Old May 24th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
S/B 954RR

"trailer" > wrote in message
> or traded, or wrecked. or....

or parked due to gas prices.

Old May 25th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

no, all the explorers are running well or parked .

newsgroup L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes Fighter of Evil trolls Jeep 2 January 1st 08 06:32 AM
Which newsgroup is the official Jeep newsgroup Anthony T Jeep 8 June 21st 07 07:32 PM
Has this newsgroup died? Papa VW water cooled 1 December 14th 06 05:51 AM
OT - newsgroup help paul Jeep 4 December 13th 06 01:47 PM
Newsgroup FAQ? [email protected] Chrysler 2 December 20th 04 12:01 AM