Need pictures of installed air deflector on a 1996 SC2

Old December 18th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ted Wong

Default Need pictures of installed air deflector on a 1996 SC2

Hello:

I'm in the middle of repairing several years' worth of weather damage
to the front end of my 1996 SC2. As part of the repair, I'm putting in
a new lower air deflector to replace one that succumbed to a snowbank +
parking space stop. I can't find any information anywhere on how to
attach the deflector to the car. I have the deflector and the springs
that go with it - does anyone have a picture handy of how the deflector
and the springs attach to the other parts of the car?

Thank you!

Ted
1996 Black-Gold SC2

Old December 18th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_13_]

Check out http://www.demco-products.com/Pages/fitlist.html#Saturn

Click on the appropriate baseplate link and it will give you a pdf of the
manual for installing a baseplate on that exact vehicle. The best part is it
shows you how to remove and re-install the deflector complete with pictures.

Steve

ups.com...

Old December 18th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ted Wong

That's perfect. When I first googled, all I found were the text
instructions with no pictures.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Ted
1996 Black-Gold SC2

Steve wrote:
> Check out http://www.demco-products.com/Pages/fitlist.html#Saturn

[...]

Old December 27th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Tom The Great

On 18 Dec 2006 14:13:05 -0800, "Ted Wong" > wrote:

>Hello:
>
>I'm in the middle of repairing several years' worth of weather damage
>to the front end of my 1996 SC2. As part of the repair, I'm putting in
>a new lower air deflector to replace one that succumbed to a snowbank +
>parking space stop. I can't find any information anywhere on how to
>attach the deflector to the car. I have the deflector and the springs
>that go with it - does anyone have a picture handy of how the deflector
>and the springs attach to the other parts of the car?
>
>Thank you!
>
>Ted
>1996 Black-Gold SC2

I almost lost my due to the springs rusting, I replaced them with
plastic wire ties.

It worked for me.

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

Old December 30th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Lane

> I almost lost my due to the springs rusting, I replaced them with
> plastic wire ties.

LOL, same here. Zip ties work great and won't rust through or get broken as
easily as the springs do.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

"Tom The Great" > wrote in message
news
> On 18 Dec 2006 14:13:05 -0800, "Ted Wong" > wrote:
>
>>Hello:
>>
>>I'm in the middle of repairing several years' worth of weather damage
>>to the front end of my 1996 SC2. As part of the repair, I'm putting in
>>a new lower air deflector to replace one that succumbed to a snowbank +
>>parking space stop. I can't find any information anywhere on how to
>>attach the deflector to the car. I have the deflector and the springs
>>that go with it - does anyone have a picture handy of how the deflector
>>and the springs attach to the other parts of the car?
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>Ted
>>1996 Black-Gold SC2

> I almost lost my due to the springs rusting, I replaced them with
> plastic wire ties.
>
> It worked for me.
>
> tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

Need old ASA and stock car pictures Charles F. Castor Jr. Simulators 0 April 10th 05 02:41 PM
Help with Dodge Intrepid ESX 1996 concept car ? pcar Chrysler 5 February 7th 05 04:39 PM
Taking pictures of a cylinder without removing the head? Dennis Technology 3 February 6th 05 01:30 PM
Alfa GT Pictures PhilipS Alfa Romeo 6 August 13th 04 09:30 AM
Old Car Pictures Jack Ferman Antique cars 5 November 19th 03 08:38 AM